What is this "we" business?

  • DDD
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 15, 2006
      "Mike Nikitin":   If the MP doesn't follow our Synod's stipulation to leave WCC, ecumenism and Sergianism, they will not join us, some of us will join them.

      DD: 1) What is this "our SYnod" business? Do you acknowledge His Eminence, Metropolitan Laurus, as your First Hierarch? Yes or No. I have not seen your answer to my question on this list. Has "MN" answered this, anybody?

      2) Can someone please post where *the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad* under its First Hierarch, Metr. Laurus, stipulated that the MP had to leave the WCC. I would like to see this in writing. In my mind, the fact that the Orthodox in the WCC have demanded that they retain the right to confess the Orthodox Church as the One, Holy, and Apostolic Church and not accept the Branch Theory, and that they have demanded the right not to participate in joint prayers with heterodox, puts membership in the WCC in a less critical light than before.

      "MN":  But it would be greatly appreciated if those who join the MP leave our parishes to us
        so we can have a place to pray. After all we are all Orthodox.

      DD: Did I not post this before, or do you keep saying the same things over and over again? It is not a matter of ROCOR "joining " the MP, but of separated parts of the one Russian Orthodox Church healing their wounds caused by the bolsheviks. How WE do this is up to OUR bishops. If you left us, it is not up to you.

      If anyone leaves his Bishop, how is he Orthodox--for "where the Bishop is, there is the Church." (St. Ignatius of Antioch)

      Awaiting your acknowledgement of Metr. Laurus as your First Hierarch.

      --DD