RE: [orthodox-synod] Christ is Born! And a special request for prayers.

  • Valentina Grigorieva
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2006
      Dear Fr. Gregory, bless! My prayers are with you! V. Grigorieva

      "Fr. Gregory Williams" <frgregory@...> a écrit : Christ is born! Glorious indeed is the feast.

      I feared I would have to keep it in the hospital -- serious deterioration of
      vision occurred in the latter part of last week. Thanks be to God, I missed
      only the Vigil Liturgy of the festal cycle, being forced to substitute an
      emergency visit to my surgeon.

      However, I will undergo corrective surgery on my left eye Wednesday: the
      buckle has migrated to a dangerous position and must be removed.

      Detachment of the retina in my right eye has progressed, and buckle/gas
      implant surgery for that is tentatively scheduled for next Monday.

      The alternative, of course, is complete blindness -- of which I'm afraid
      there is a substantial risk in any event.

      I beg your prayers, and your forbearance if I am unable to respond as
      promptly as I would like to any needs (particularly for those who have
      forgotten to order Liturgical Calendars!).

      In Christ Jesus,
      Fr. Gregory Williams

      The Saint John of Kronstadt Press
      The Haitian Orthodox Mission
      The Orthodox Church of the Annunciation/Agape Community
      1180 Orthodox Way
      Liberty, TN 37095-4366 USA

      Catalog of books & recordings: www.sjkp.org
      Information on the Haitian Mission: www.orthodoxhaiti.org