Re: the Kingdom of God - a Much More Fundamental Question

  • Protopriest David Moser
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2006
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "podnoss" <podnoss@y...> wrote:

      > The Kingdom of God & the Church are not the same thing.

      Now this strikes me a just plain not Orthodox. The Church *is* the Kingdom of God - they are one and the same. If this is not the teaching of the Church someone please show me where in the writings of the fathers and in the apostolic teaching this is denied.

      As a former protestant, this statement resonates very much like the protestant teaching of the Church which denies that any "visible" Church exists but that the Church is some sort of ethereal body without any knowable boundaries - it has no earthly structure or substance but is a mystical union of believers that will only be revealed at the final judgement. And that is just plain wrong.

      Protopriest David Moser
      Boise, ID
      homilies: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/propoved/