Re: Windows PCs face "huge" virus threat

  • Protopriest David Moser
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2006
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Fr. John McCuen" <frjohnmcc@c...> wrote:

      > There's a lot the ordinary user can do to minimize their likelihood of
      > infection while using their computer on the internet. Hopefully,
      > people will be better informed about the threats there; and take the
      > steps needed to keep from getting the viruses, and worms, and trojan
      > horses that affect so many computers today.

      For example - my online email "junk mail filter" runs everything through McAfee, I have Norton running on my home machine and then just to keep the accidental worm or trojan horse from going out on the internet on its own to get the "nasty" part of the bug, I have a firewall running as well. This all, in addition to the simple things you can do like not opening attachments you don't know about, not going directly to webpages from email, etc, etc.

      Protopriest David Moser
      Boise, ID
      homilies: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/propoved/