Re: [orthodox-synod] Write anything....[was Re: ROCOR-LIST]

  • michael nikitin
    Message 1 of 149 , Jan 4, 2006
      Metr.Sergei and the Godless Soviet regime put their KGB in cossacks to be bishops and formed their "MP Church".

      The Turks did not interfere in the Church by placing Turks as bishops in cossacks .They only wanted money and allowed only the bishop who could give them the most money to become Patriarch. The Patriarch was Orthodox and not a Godless Turk. The Patriarch did not call the faithful, the priests and bishops as contra-revolutionists as did Metr.Sergei.

      When Czar Peter abolished the Patriarch, the Orthodox bishops still were the Church. Czar Peter did not persecute the faithful, priests or bishops as contra-revolutionists.

      Metr.Sergei's infamous declaration which proclaimed the joys and sorrows of Communist as joys and sorrows of the Church and gave the Godless Soviet regime reasons to persecute the historic Russian Church which did not sign this declaration as counter-revolutionists.

      The problem now is, instead of avoiding a schism, our bishops want to join the MP.
      Those who hold on to ROCOR of our previous hierarchy are told to leave or are pushed out, like orphans, into the streets to give room for the new ROCA.

      Why not wait until our stipulations are met, by MP, that our bishops promised before any union with MP would be considered? That is leave WCC, ecumenism and repent of Sergianism.

      Why should we, who were in ROCA all our life and hold to our previous hierarchs will and testament, leave? Why don't those who want union with MP, join MP and leave us and our parishes in peace. Then everyone will be happy and schism will be avoided.

      Michael N

      larry most <larrymost2002@...> wrote:
      GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST GLORY TO HIM FOREVER

      Dear Michael,
      A very elegant letter, but I must ask, how many times
      have governments interfered in the Church, so
      according to the letter, there is not Church.
      If you think that re approachment (or whatever you
      want to call it) with MP is a bad idea, then don't.
      Love in Christ,
      Sub-deacon Lawrence Most

    • Glenn Fleurinck
      Message 149 of 149 , Jan 8, 2006
        Mr. Kozyreff,

        You are painting a very romanticised but innaccurate and unrealistic picture of both Russian culture and the Russian immigrant community outside Russia.

        First, 7 decades of communist oppresion had their impact. And many contemporary russians have to go in search for their roots as they have very little feeling left with their orthodox heritage. Their was also a time mind you when " Christian" and " European" were synonymous.

        And what i know the immigrant community in this country is that they behave like any other immigrant group. A little island withing society closed in themselves. ( But yes i have some wonderfull Russian friends here just the same)
        But i still have to experience this extraordinary open welcoming bunch of people as you describe them. And I don't blame them. They are only humans trying to live the best they can in a foreign country. I have lived outside Belgium for 10 years myself I know what it's like.

        You write: " The fashion in Western "RC" churches for icons is that they look
        picturesque. They do so because they are foreign and look "primitive" or
        naive to the West."

        Allow me to disagree. For many they are part of a spiritual journey and not just some oriental fashion. I was first introduced to icons by Carmelite Friars and they definately were more then " picturesque" to them.
        The strange and delightful attraction of icons is largely responsible for my own journey towards orthodoxy.

        But then again as a westerner according to you will never really " gett it" anyway. No sir no way i would ever be fully orthodox. That is like saying : " we'll tollerate you If you really must "convert"but you'll never fully be one of us. ( and you still dare to describe yourself as open ,hospitable and welcomming?) Well my friend I find that offensive and an affront to those many converts who have experienced their conversion as a true homecomming and a return indeed to the faith of their forefathers.

        Glenn in Begium,