Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: [rocaclergy] RE: letter to V.Rev. Ilya Gorsky

  • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2006
      Vladimir Kozyreff wrote:

      >We have
      >been told at lenghth by Father Alexander Lebedeff that only armchair
      >dreamers could believe that the Church might have been saved without
      >false witnesses.

      This is about the umpteenth time that Vladimir has misquoted me (talk
      about bearing false witness!) and attributed to me words that are not
      mine at all, but were quoted from the Epistle of the Sobor of Bishops
      of the Church Abroad in 1933, as has been pointed out by another
      member of this list.

      That Epistle (again -- NOT my words) stated:

      "We are taking fully into account the extraordinary
      > difficulties of
      > the position of Metropolitan Sergius, who is now the de facto
      > head of the Church of Russia, and are aware of the heavy
      > burden of responsibility for the fate of the latter, which lies
      > upon
      > him. No one, therefore, has the audacity to accuse him for the
      > mere attempt to enter into dialogue with the Soviet regime so
      > as
      > to obtain legal standing for the Church of Russia. Not without
      > foundation does the deputy locum tenens of the Patriarchal
      > Throne say in his aforementioned Declaration that only
      > "armchair dreamers can think that such a vast community as our
      > Orthodox Church, with all its organization, can exist
      > peacefully in
      > a country while walling itself off from the authorities."

      With love in Christ,

      Prot. Alexander Lebedeff