Re: [orthodox-synod] Write anything: including Easter greetings

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2005
      Regarding:

      > > Yes, the MP follow
      > > the Orthodox faith, but
      > > their actions have waivered. The Met Alexeii II
      > > sends Paschal greetings to
      > > the Pope, while we are beginning the Great Lent? We
      > > don't celebrate Pascha
      > > with the catholics, period.

      JRS: Did you ever send anyone a birthday card? That doesn't mean it's your own birthday.

      One can express a certain happiness that they do celebrate the Resurrection of Christ, rather
      than rejecting or not knowing it.

      Furthermore, in the Orthodox Church we celebrate the Resurrection every Sunday. In that
      sense, Easter comes about 50 Sundays a year for us. The priest also recites certain Paschal
      texts aftger the Great Entrance and after Communion at the Divine Liturgy, even on
      weekdays.

      St. Seraphim of Sarov was wont to greet everyone he met with "Christ is Risen", year round,
      and I have not heard that he stopped saying that greeting even in Lent.