Re: Âîñüìîé Åæåãîäíûé Ðîæäåñòâ åíñêèé Áàë

  • Kenneth Doll
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2005
      Dear Fr. Mark,

      These are the facts as I am aware:
      1. This is the eighth annual ball (i.e. they started in 1999).
      2. They have always been held on a (usually the first) Friday evening
      between Nativity and Theophany.
      3. The last time that the feast fell on Saturday was 1994/1995 before
      we started the ball.
      4. There are no other Fridays between Nativity and Theophany this
      year other than this one.
      5. The hotel has been booked for quite a while, probably since last
      year.
      6. We have avoided scheduling the ball on a Saturday evening to avoid
      conflicts with Church services as you note.
      7. Our published schedule stops at January 13, noting the ball at 7pm
      and nothing else.
      8. We have had services for this feast every year since I arrived in
      1997.
      In otherwords, this is the first year this situation has arisen.

      My thoughts:
      Perhaps we will serve vespers before the ball and liturgy the next
      morning.
      Perhaps we will simply serve a moleben on the evening of Jan. 14.
      Perhaps something else.
      If you are interested, I can e-mail you when the information becomes
      available.

      I hope this answers your question.

      Yours in Christ,
      Kenneth Doll