Re: Âîñüìîé Åæåãîäíûé Ðîæäåñòâ åíñêèé Áàë
- Dear Fr. Mark,
These are the facts as I am aware:
1. This is the eighth annual ball (i.e. they started in 1999).
2. They have always been held on a (usually the first) Friday evening
between Nativity and Theophany.
3. The last time that the feast fell on Saturday was 1994/1995 before
we started the ball.
4. There are no other Fridays between Nativity and Theophany this
year other than this one.
5. The hotel has been booked for quite a while, probably since last
6. We have avoided scheduling the ball on a Saturday evening to avoid
conflicts with Church services as you note.
7. Our published schedule stops at January 13, noting the ball at 7pm
and nothing else.
8. We have had services for this feast every year since I arrived in
In otherwords, this is the first year this situation has arisen.
Perhaps we will serve vespers before the ball and liturgy the next
Perhaps we will simply serve a moleben on the evening of Jan. 14.
Perhaps something else.
If you are interested, I can e-mail you when the information becomes
I hope this answers your question.
Yours in Christ,
--- In email@example.com, "Rev Fr Mark Gilstrap"
> When's Church?
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Yuliya Obertas" <yobertas@o...>
> To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>; <orthodox-
> Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 2:08 PM
> Subject: [orthodox-synod] Âîñüìîé Åæåãîäíûé Ðîæäåñòâåíñêèé Áàë
> > Dear Friends! Äîðîãèå äðóçüÿ!
> > The Eighth Annual Nativity Ball will be celebrated on
> > Friday, January 13, 2006
> > Old Calendar New Year's Eve
> > In the Grand Ballroom Of Ann Arbor's Weber's Inn
> > The Evening's Program Includes:
> > Cocktail Hour 7:00-8:00 p.m.
> > Dinner with Champagne Toast