War on 2 Fronts

  • Mitin, Stiva
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2005
      The second article may distress those in the diaspora who have
      criticized clergy of the ROC for their outspoken comments regarding
      the sektanty in Russia. However, it is refreshing to read that the ROC
      is considered to be "still embedded in the dark ages of religious
      exclusivity, which has no place in today's increasingly pluralistic
      society."

      In this age of the NWO "feast of ChrisNukkaZwa"
      (Christmas+Hanukkah+Kwanzaa being run together into one "feast,"),
      with it's ecumenical greetings of "Season's Greetings" and "Happy
      Holidays," at least someone is saying that there is no religion
      outside of the Orthodox Faith and that it IS an exclusive religion.

      And yet there are those that say that the ROC is ecumenical... if this
      is an example of it, well, what can I say?

      Emblem Called Too Christian

      In a sign of resentment over growing ties between the Russian Orthodox
      Church and the state, several senior Muslim clerics and scholars
      demanded Tuesday that Christian symbols be removed from the national
      emblem to reflect that Russia has many faiths and is a secular state.
      http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2005/12/07/002.html

      Russian Archbishop calls Lord Krishna 'Satan'

      Hindus are shocked and outraged to read the views of the Russian
      Orthodox Church on Lord Krishna, who is revered by over one billion
      Hindus worldwide as the Supreme Lord, said an ISCKON press statement.

      According to it, in a letter to the Mayor of Moscow, Yuri Luzhkov,
      dated November 29, 2005, the Archbishop Nikon of Ufa and Sterlitamak
      from the Russian Orthodox Church called Lord Krishna "an evil demon,
      the personified power of hell opposing God", and "a livid lascivious
      youth". http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5983_1566453,00430005.htm
    • larry most
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 9, 2005
        GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
        DEar Stive,
        I don't know whether you live in the US or not but if
        you don't, you should know that our "Christmas" has
        turned into a business holiday, ie we don't care "what
        you wish" as long as you spend money. There is
        virtually no spiritual preparation for Christmas,
        except for a few advent services in a very few of the
        western churches. Mostly it is buy, buy, buy, party,
        party party.
        Now as for "ecumenism" I feel that, to worship with
        others in "joint" services that have been watered down
        to "non-denominational" is utterly ridiculous. On the
        other hand worshipping with other Orthodox is a good
        thing. We pray the same prayers, believe the same
        beliefs, so I really don't see a problem.
        I DON'T like jurisdiction infighting because it does
        nothing but destroy our Holy Church. As far as
        fighting over calendars, etc, that again does nothing
        but harm the Church.
        This is just my most humble opinion.
        Love in Christ,
        May you have a most blessed Nativity Fast (which is
        unheard of in the west)
        Sub-deacon Lawrence Most

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Hristofor
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2005
          I really thought that I had heard everything, but even I was stunned to hear the following report on the radio. What a sad, new low.

          Some churches will skip Christmas Day services

          Holiday falls on Sunday, but some prefer to have family time
          http://www.rctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051208/NEWS01/512080443/1006/MTCN0301

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 10, 2005
            Hristofor wrote:

            > I really thought that I had heard everything, but even I was stunned to hear the following
            report on the radio. What a sad, new low.

            > Some churches will skip Christmas Day services
            >
            > Holiday falls on Sunday, but some prefer to have family time
            > http://www.rctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051208/NEWS01/512080443/
            1006/MTCN0301

            JRS: On the other hand, the many new arrivals from Russia find it strange if we do not have
            services on Pascha morning.

            In Russia, the larger churches have a second priest, and a second Liturgy in the morning at
            the usual time, attended by crowds of worshippers.

            They also have both an evening and a midnight service for Orthodox Christmas, followed by
            another in the morning.

          • larry most
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 10, 2005
              GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
              Dear Hristofor,
              I read that too, in the Detroit News. As James Brown
              used to sing "LIVING IN AMERICA". The older I get, the
              better it gets.
              Love in Christ,
              Sub-deacon Lawrence Most

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/B6T8nB/Vp3LAA/EcBKAA/m.VolB/TM