RE: [orthodox-synod] On the Second Coming of Our Lord!

  • Valentina Grigorieva
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2005
      And taken from the same website
      http://members.cox.net/orthodoxheritage/Starets%20Lavrentii.htm
      A FRIGHTFUL TIME
      “Not long before antichrist is enthroned, even those churches that have been closed will be repaired and restored -- not only their exteriors, but their interiors, as well. They will gild the cupolas of bell-towers and cathedrals, alike; and when they have completed the main one, then will the time have come for antichrist to be enthroned. Pray that the Lord might lengthen that time, that we might be encouraged and sustained; it is a frightful time that awaits us. The restoration of the cathedrals will continue up to the very moment that antichrist is crowned. We will have unprecedented splendour,” Starets Lavrentii would say.
      “Do you see how craftily and insidiously all this is being prepared?” Batiushka would continue, tearfully. “All the cathedrals will be exceedingly splendid, as never before, but you must not attend these cathedrals, for the Bloodless Sacrifice of Jesus Christ will not be offered there. Remember, there will be churches, but Orthodox Christians must not attend them, as the entire ‘synagogue of Satan’ (Apoc. 2.9) will be gathered there! I repeat yet again that one must not attend those cathedrals; there will be no grace in them!”
      Valentina G.

      Kostas <moschonisi@...> a écrit :
      An excellent article that is of value for all of us to read. It is
      titled "On the Second Coming of Our Lord: and is available at:

      http://members.cox.net/orthodoxheritage/Elder%20Cleopa.htm

      Kostas M.

      Jewish orthodox Orthodox Orthodox church Greek orthodox church Sect of judaism