Re: Political reasons

  • hoodpeters
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2005
      Dear Vladimir,
      Thank-you for your quote from the Gospel of St. John which always
      brings to me the Holy Paschal night when we hear these words in every
      language. The Paschal joy is meant for all, those who still alive and
      those in the graves, those who labored from the beginning and those who
      came in at the last minutes (as St. John's homily states so
      eloquently), those who are righteous and those who are grievous
      sinners. Pascha forgives all, encompasses all, and unites all.
      The same Gospel is proclaimed in Russia and abroad, in ROCOR and MP!
      You obviously disagree with the reasoning of the church committees in
      order to move beyond the past injustices.
      But you realize many of these past injustices were the words, letters
      and language used and abused during a time of separation in difficult
      circumstances.
      Or perhaps you think the ROCOR blameless in its history, above the need
      to examine any of its history in light of current reality?
      Is there no doubt that when 2 people argue, sometimes even married
      couples, that they are ashamed of the words that were used during the
      heat of the argument. Sometimes those words are so cruel that the
      words in themselves become the issue, since they cut so deep and can
      leave scars on the soul. Sometimes one must apologize for the words
      used before the reasons for the initial argument can even be address in
      a sober manner.
      So no, I do not see unreasonableness in mutually eliminating those
      statements which were written during a period of estrangement, but now
      cause harm to the process of healing. It is a step in the right
      direction.
      Both sides in a dispute usually have things to sorrow over. And as we
      know, asking forgiveness of another is one of the hardest things that
      can be done.
      In Christ,
      Deacon John