Re: Orthodox Imposter

  • vkozyreff
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 11, 2005
      Dear List,

      This discussion about the imposture has been rather interesting.

      Do not laugh. Ecumenism is not far from us.

      It was said that Prince Charles had many orthodox people in his
      family. An example given was that of Prince Philip who "had been"
      orthodox before his wedding with HM Elizabeth II. In orthodox terms,
      a person who "was" an orthodox before is an apostate. But this was
      given as an example of orthodoxy.

      In fact, ecumenism is what invades us. This is visible with the
      projected union with the MP. This union is without any spiritual
      content, since it is being announcedd that all declarations which
      hinder the union will be declared "invalid".

      A friend of mine just told me that what we really see here in this
      kind of thinking (by the "ROCOR" neo-pologists for the MP) is exactly
      the sort of thinking that underlies ecumenism: if just we sit down
      together as friends, why then any and all previous doctrinal and
      historical differences? They become irrelevant, they suddenly fade
      into non-entity.

      Why? Because they were merely subjective, private opinions... That
      they are eternal spiritual, metaphysical facts becomes a convenient
      matter of obsolescence.

      All this for political/social ends (buildings, public visibility,
      ethnic harmony, social progress), in other words, Sergianist ones.
      This is ends justifying the means: the "ethics" of Marxism-Leninism.
      No wonder those who now think like this have no longer any problem
      with the post-Sovet, pro-Ecumenist MP.

      What we are seeing is the modernisation, americanisation of ROCOR...
      Its acceptance of pluralism, relativism, and syncretism for the sake
      of social peace. This is, afterall, the next stage of "progress"
      after the stalemated conflicts of the industrial/enlightenment
      revolutions...

      Nothing else matters, only technology and trade. All else was really
      just materialist, egoist partisanship, now wasn't it?...

      After all, "what is truth"? Don't we each have our own? As long
      as we get rich together, and live comfortably, what does all that old
      fashioned spiritual, ascetic struggle matter? It was just
      fanaticism, wasn't it?

      Smile everybody, the camera is over there...

      In God,

      Vladimir Kozyreff

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Alexandre de Bonnefoi
      <de_bonnefoi@y...> wrote:

      > Thanks to the Prince : we don't speak anymore about sergianism, MP,
      Alexis Ridigher, ROCOR, Vl Vitaly etc

      > A de Bonnefoi
      >
      > orthodoxchurch_sg <orthodoxchurch_sg@y...> a écrit :
      > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Harrington
      > <mharrington0615@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Did he claim to be Orthodox or is he claiming to be Anglican. The
      > article did not say. Either way if he is not claiming to be
      Orthodox he
      > is not a impostor in my view. Just trying to dress the part I
      guess.
      > The Prince knows the difference since he goes to Mt. Athos and has
      > spiritual Father there.
      > >

      > Evlogeite!
      > There is a type of Anglican that think it rather chic to adopt
      Orthodox
      > appertenances. I believe the Bishop of London has taken to wearing
      > panagia on the slightest excuse.
      > God bless / Fr Daniel

      Service.