Re: Orthodox imposter

  • Michael Malloy
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Gait
      <christopher_gait@y...> wrote:

      > I knew a young traditional Episcopal priest (i.e. 1928
      > prayer book, no homosexual or female priests and
      > bishops)

      (That would have been my kind of Episcopalian, if I had stayed on that
      sinking ship)

      The Episcopal church, when my wife and I left it in 1996, was in a
      free-for-all mode. Liturgies were made "less offensive" by changing
      texts to be "inclusive" and "non-sexist." Priests were rogue, as were
      Bishops. No one seemed to be steering the ship.

      So, nothing surprises me when it comes to the Episcopal church. The
      guy in the Russian style podryaznik wearing a three bar cross and
      sporting a very short beard is very probably an Episcopal priest.

      Reader Michael Malloy
      Columbus OH