"Pre-Marital" Counseling

  • Stephen/Στέφανος
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
      My sister is planning to get married. She is interested in pre-marital
      counseling materials. She lives in a small town in Florida where a
      priest is not redily available. Anyone know of any good Orthodox
      books one should read on marriage, before getting married?

      Thank you,
      Stephanos
    • Michael Coleman
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
        Stephanos,

        I would highly recommend "Preserve Them, O Lord" by Fr. John Mack a married priest of the OCA. Each chapter has study/discussion questions and blank lines so that each person can write their own notes in the book itself. It's published by Conciliar Press.

        Michael
        St Lukes Antiochian Orthodox Church
        Garden Grove, CA