Sobor 1971

  • Alexandre de Bonnefoi
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
      Dear list,

      My question was simple : is anybody here able to forward me the text (in english or in Frensh) of the 1971'Sobor?

      Thank you,

      A de Bonnefoi

    • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2005
        At 12:26 PM 11/1/2005, you wrote:
        >Dear list,
        >
        >My question was simple : is anybody here able to forward me the text
        >(in english or in Frensh) of the 1971'Sobor?
        >
        >Thank you,
        >
        >A de Bonnefoi

        Dear A,

        The question may be simple, but it is senseless.

        There is no such thing as "the text of the 1971 Sobor."

        The 1971 Sobor lasted a week, and discussed and passed resolutions on
        a large number of matters.

        The Minutes (Protokol) of the 1971 Hierarchical Sobor are
        confidential, as are the minutes of all Sobor and Synod meetings,
        since many of the questions the bishops discuss address confidential
        matters, such as reported problems in parishes or with individual clergy.

        A significantly edited extract of the Minutes is published in t6he
        official publication of the Synod of Bishops "Church Life."

        The Sobors may also write Epistles to the flock either in the
        homeland or in the diaspora (or both), which are then published in
        official Church publications.

        Certain specific Resolutions of the Sobor may also be published.

        But -- there is no such thing as "the text" of a Sobor--nor can there be.

        With love in Christ,

        Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

      • Alexandre de Bonnefoi
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2005
          You wrote :
          A significantly edited extract of the Minutes is published in t6he
          official publication of the Synod of Bishops "Church Life."

          The Sobors may also write Epistles to the flock either in the
          homeland or in the diaspora (or both), which are then published in
          official Church publications.

          Certain specific Resolutions of the Sobor may also be published.

          So, have you one of all these texts?

          A de Bonnefoi

          "Fr. Alexander Lebedeff" <lebedeff@...> a écrit :
          At 12:26 PM 11/1/2005, you wrote:
          >Dear list,
          >
          >My question was simple : is anybody here able to forward me the text
          >(in english or in Frensh) of the 1971'Sobor?
          >
          >Thank you,
          >
          >A de Bonnefoi

          Dear A,

          The question may be simple, but it is senseless.

          There is no such thing as "the text of the 1971 Sobor."

          The 1971 Sobor lasted a week, and discussed and passed resolutions on
          a large number of matters.

          The Minutes (Protokol) of the 1971 Hierarchical Sobor are
          confidential, as are the minutes of all Sobor and Synod meetings,
          since many of the questions the bishops discuss address confidential
          matters, such as reported problems in parishes or with individual clergy.

          A significantly edited extract of the Minutes is published in t6he
          official publication of the Synod of Bishops "Church Life."

          The Sobors may also write Epistles to the flock either in the
          homeland or in the diaspora (or both), which are then published in
          official Church publications.

          Certain specific Resolutions of the Sobor may also be published.

          But -- there is no such thing as "the text" of a Sobor--nor can there be.

          With love in Christ,

          Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

          Jewish orthodox Orthodox Orthodox church Greek orthodox church Sect of judaism