Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: KGB award

  • V. Boitchenko
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2005
      Liubeznyi Vladimir:

      Since when is Keston or Irish Times are good sources on Orthodox history? As far as I am concerned they are as good as OBS sources (Odna baba skazala). You know, there are plenty of anticlerical and anti-Orthodox, but nonetheless, reputable historians in Russia, and none of them regards "agent Drozdov" story as credible. Your father was a very good man: I would rather be deceived than trust some "Keston."

      >According to Keston, a file in the archive dated February 1988
      >states: "An order of the USSR KGB chairman was prepared to award
      >Agent Drozdov the Certificate of Honour."

      I would imagine that the Ge-Be in fact interrogated Pat. Alexii when he was only a hiero-monk in Estonia, and possibly they had him sign some sort of standard form that he would report any suspicions activity that could endanger Soviet people. That was a common practice. See Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Archipelago: according to his book he found out that after he signed the form he was attached a code name. So, far even the Kestons and the like have not been able to show anything more substantial.

      Yours,

      Slava