Vl Vitaly

  • Alexandre de Bonnefoi
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 13, 2005
      Dear list,

      Is anybody here who prays for Vladyka Vitaly of the ROCOR?

      In God,

      A. de Bonnefoi

    • Fr. Anthony Nelson
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 13, 2005
        At 02:48 PM 10/13/2005, Alexandre de Bonnefoi <de_bonnefoi@...> wrote:
        >Dear list,
        >
        >Is anybody here who prays for Vladyka Vitaly of the ROCOR?
        >
        >In God,
        >
        >A. de Bonnefoi

        I'm not sure that such a question about one's prayers is
        appropriate...but the likely underlying assumption makes me feel that
        an answer is needed:

        I do. Daily and in every Proskomedia. As do many Priests of ROCOR whom I know.

        Fr. Anthony

        Fr. Anthony Nelson * Emergency Cell Phone Email:
        St. Benedict Russian Orthodox Church * Up to 160 characters maximum
        Oklahoma City, OK USA 405-672-1441 * total allowed including return
        mailto:fr.anthony@... * address and Subject headers.
        http://www.orthodox.org/stbenedict/ * mailto:fra-mobile@...
      • DDD
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 13, 2005
          Metr. Vitaly is prayed for at every Liturgy in the prayers for the sick and suffering at our parish.

          --Dimitra Dwelley
          Holy Epiphany, Boston, USA,
          ROCOR

          Dear list,

          Is anybody here who prays for Vladyka Vitaly of the ROCOR?

          In God,

          A. de Bonnefoi

        • John Swensen
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 14, 2005
            I pray for Metropolitan Vitaly just about every day and he is in my pomyanik along with other names that I read in the altar to be commemorated with a prosphora.
            John Swensen

            "Fr. Anthony Nelson" <fr.anthony@...> wrote:
            At 02:48 PM 10/13/2005, Alexandre de Bonnefoi <de_bonnefoi@...> wrote:
            >Dear list,
            >
            >Is anybody here who prays for Vladyka Vitaly of the ROCOR?
            >
            >In God,
            >
            >A. de Bonnefoi

            I'm not sure that such a question about one's prayers is
            appropriate...but the likely underlying assumption makes me feel that
            an answer is needed:

            I do. Daily and in every Proskomedia. As do many Priests of ROCOR whom I know.

            Fr. Anthony

            Fr. Anthony Nelson * Emergency Cell Phone Email:
            St. Benedict Russian Orthodox Church * Up to 160 characters maximum
            Oklahoma City, OK USA 405-672-1441 * total allowed including return
            mailto:fr.anthony@... * address and Subject headers.
            http://www.orthodox.org/stbenedict/ * mailto:fra-mobile@...

            Jewish orthodox Orthodox Orthodox church Greek orthodox church Sect of judaism

          • (matushka) Ann Lardas
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 14, 2005
              --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Alexandre de Bonnefoi
              <de_bonnefoi@y...> wrote:

              > Dear list,
              >
              > Is anybody here who prays for Vladyka Vitaly of the ROCOR?
              >
              > In God,
              >
              > A. de Bonnefoi

              We pray for him here daily in private prayers and both in the
              proskomedia and out loud in the prayers for the sick and suffering
              during the Liturgy, along Bp. Daniel and so many others.

              Met. Vitaly ordained my husband to the deaconate in 1987.
            • Rev Fr Mark Gilstrap
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 14, 2005
                > Is anybody here who prays for Vladyka Vitaly of the ROCOR?

                I suspect that almost all who remember to pray for our reposed and present
                hierarchs also remember our last Metropolitan. Instructions vary from
                diocese to diocese, but I have heard other ROCA priests (even in my own
                diocese within the past year) commemorate him at the Great Entrance after
                Met Laurus - whether out of habit or forgetfulness, or some another reason I
                cannot say. I remain obedient to the diocesan ukase sent out saying that
                we cannot do that, however there is never any such proscription in
                Proskomedi, private prayers or in time of need as a special petition in the
                Litanies.

                pr Mark
              • variorum@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 14, 2005
                  In a message dated 10/13/05 10:58:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                  de_bonnefoi@... writes:

                  Is anybody here who prays for Vladyka Vitaly

                  Quelle question!
                  Bien sur que nous prions pour lui, ce pauvre vieux!
                  Amitiés,
                  Vladimir

                • vkozyreff
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 14, 2005
                    Dear Vladimir,

                    I dare not believe that you know exactly what you write. Is French
                    your mother tongue? If yes, or if you really master this language, do
                    you really mean: "Of course, we do pray for him, poor old man!"

                    Is this an appropriate way of sepaking of an aged metropolitan? Do
                    you believe that you display the appropriate respect for Met Vitaly?
                    Do you consider that you write as a dignified and worthy
                    representative of ROCOR in using those terms?

                    In God,

                    Vladimir Kozyreff

                  • variorum@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 14, 2005
                      In a message dated 10/14/05 4:11:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                      vladimir.kozyreff@... writes:

                      Do
                      you believe that you display the appropriate respect for Met Vitaly?

                      Definitely no offense meant...
                      Regards,
                      Vladimir