Re: [orthodox-synod] Countdown with Keith Olbermann' for Sept. 27th

  • michael nikitin
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2005
      Why doesn't MP recognize the Sainthood of St.Joseph of Petrograd?

      Why is this admiral's elevation to Sainthood not questioned, but Holy Metr. Philaret's is?

      When union occurs, what can/will ROCOR do if MP glorifies Metr.Sergius to Sainthood?
      Is it possible we can pray to him as a Saint?

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050926/od_afp/russiareligionmilitaryoffbeat

      Michael N

      DDD <dimitradd@...> wrote:
      I couldn't agree more! Maybe he'd be happier if they were still naming their ships after the Christian-killing Lenin. Would that everyone in our navies and military would end their days as St. Fyodor (Ushakov) did, having quit the military and retired to perform great works of charity.

      --Dimitra Dwelley

    • orthodoxchurch_sg
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 17, 2005
        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, gene703 <gene703@y...> wrote:

        It must be this affinity for the kidnappers that victims sometime
        develop after prolonged captivity.

        Evlogeite!
        Maybe that explains retired Vl Vitaly's situation.
        God bless / Fr Daniel