Re: RELIGIOUS LEADERS OF RUSSIA AND AZERBAIJAN

  • tiajaia
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
      DEAR VLADIMIR K,
      THANK YOU FOR REPOSTING THE ARTILCLE. I WAS CONCERNED THAT THE
      CENSORSHIP HAD DEPRIVED ME OF SOME USEFUL INFORMATION, WHICH IT HAD.
      AS I HAVE NO PLACE TO CRITICIZE THE PATRIARCH'S ACTIONS, I DO, AS A
      CHRISTIAN PONDER HOW A CHRISTIAN STATE WOULD AWARD A NON-CHRISTIAN.
      TRADITIONALLY, THE RUSSIAN LEADER COULD AWARD SOME SORT OF CIVIL
      AWARD OR HONOR WHICH HAD A SHADOW OF "BEING RUSSIAN".
      FROM A CHRISTIAN POINT OF VIEW, I WONDER IF THE AWARD OF ST. SERAPHIM
      MIGHT CAUSE A MAN TO SEEK THE MEANING OF ST. SERAPHIMS LIFE, WHICH
      WOULD BE THE ACQISITION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT...SOMETHING WHICH THE A
      MOSLEM MIGHT BE SEEKING. PERHAPS THAT WAS THE PATRIARCH'S INTENT?
      AS A CHISTIAN, TO RECEIVE AN AWARD WITH ANY SAINTS CONNECTION, IS
      TRULY THE HEIGHT OF BEING HONORED. I HOPE IT IS RECEIVED AS SUCH,
      BUT WILL IT BE? SOMETHING TO PONDER.
      I SUPPOSE IN ALL RELATIONS WITH NON-ORTHODOX, WE MUST TAKE THE VIEW
      THAT "SAVE FOR THE GRACE OF GOD, THERE GOES I".
      RESPECTFULLY,
      PAUL T

      <vladimir.kozyreff@s...> wrote:
      > Dear Father Moderator, bless.
      >
      > Please excuse me for derogating to the rules.
      >
      > My comment is thus the following:
      >
      > I think it is totally out of place for an orthodox patriarch to
      award
      > the order of St Sergius of Radonezh to a Moslem leader.
      >
      > It is, in my view, one more example of the innovations that are
      > typical for the MP, and to which the ROCOR is now being
      > associated. One may imagine the correponding gesture that Met. Lavr
      > might have in the US with regards to his relationship with Moslems.
      >
      > In God,
      >
      > Vladimir Kozyreff
      >
      > RELIGIOUS LEADERS OF RUSSIA AND AZERBAIJAN SIGNED JOINT DECLARATION
      >
      > BAKU. 15 SEPTEMBER. AZER-PRESS. The All-Russian and Moscow
      Patriarch
      > Alexiy II and the chair of the Department for Muslims of Caucasus
      > Sheih-ul-Islam Allahshyukyur Pashazade signed the joint declaration
      > today. It in noted therein that the forced change of social
      structure
      > is sin.
      >
      > "We consider as the sin undertaking efforts on making peoples to
      > accept one or another social structure contrary to their will", -
      it
      > is said in the declaration.
      >
      > It is noted further in the document that "terrorism cannot be
      > justified" and growth of political extremism, taking refuge in
      Islam,