lost e-mail addresess

  • dutikow
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 29, 2005
      Dear friends...I have lost all my e-mail addresses...those of you who have
      corresponded with me please send me your e-mail address. Thanks, Matushka
      Irene Dutikow

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • G. B.
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 29, 2005
        You haven't lost mine... How are you? Any news?

        Gennady

        --
        Gennady Barabtarlo
        451 GCB University of Missouri
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 29, 2005
          please keep us in the loop matushka ! Thank you !

          Fr. Basil Grisel

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 30, 2005
            Dear Gennady...I took the pilgrimage list and spend hours putting in all
            that I knew....but I am still missing a lot...nothing new, only what you
            read on the net...with our best, Mat. Irina

            --
            Gennady Barabtarlo
            451 GCB University of Missouri
            Columbia, MO 65211
            573-882-9454 Fax 573-884-8456

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • vkozyreff
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2005
              Dear List,

              Let us pray God that He never allow us to lose the address of the
              True Church.

              In God,

              Vladimir Kozyreff

              --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "dutikow" <dutikow@j...> wrote:
              > Dear Gennady...I took the pilgrimage list and spend hours putting
              in all
              > that I knew....but I am still missing a lot...nothing new, only
              what you
              > read on the net...with our best, Mat. Irina

            • DDD
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 3, 2005
                Does anyone know if Fr. Alexander Lebedev is OK there in southern California--I see the wildfires are still raging nearby...

                Thanks,
                Dimitra
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 3, 2005
                  Dimitra wrote:

                  > Does anyone know if Fr. Alexander Lebedev is OK there in southern California--I see the
                  wildfires are still raging nearby...

                  JRS: Fr. Alexander posted on another list today, and did not say anything about his situation,
                  so at least he is OK.

                • DDD
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 3, 2005
                    Slava Bogu. Thank you, Fr. John!

                    --Dimitra

                    Dimitra wrote:

                    > Does anyone know if Fr. Alexander Lebedev is OK there in southern California--I see the
                    wildfires are still raging nearby...

                    JRS: Fr. Alexander posted on another list today, and did not say anything about his situation,
                    so at least he is OK.

                  • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 4, 2005
                      Dimitra wrote:

                      >Does anyone know if Fr. Alexander Lebedev is OK there in southern
                      >California--I see the wildfires are still raging nearby...
                      >
                      >Thanks,
                      > Dimitra

                      Dear Dimitra and all of the others who have enquired about our well
                      being and the situation of our home with regard to the wildfires.

                      Glory be to God, we are well, and our house has been spared.

                      We live in the foothills above the San Fernando Valley, in a small
                      community called Bell Canyon, which was in the midst of the path of
                      the brush fire that roared across the mountain canyons last week.

                      On Wednesday last, in the early afternoon, we heard on the news that
                      a serious brush fire has started in Chatsworth and was moving
                      Southwest--in our home's direction. We decided to move Matushka's
                      mother, who is 91, out of any danger, driving her to her son's house.
                      Meanwhile, we remained calm, expecting that the fires would pass our
                      community by, as they had on two occasions in the past. We served a
                      supplicatory canon to the Mother of God, asking for Her protection
                      and proceeded to prepare dinner.

                      At about 8 p.m., a Ventura County Sheriff's vehicle pulled up, and
                      informed us that the fire was approaching and he suggested that we
                      make preparations in case we would have to evacuate. He also was
                      performing a survey, taking down the names of all residents,
                      visitors, and workers found in Bell Canyon at that time.

                      We began to load up the vehicles with our most treasured
                      belongings--icons, irreplaceable church books, family pictures,
                      diplomas, certificate of ordination, etc., as well as necessities,
                      such as medications and toiletries--not to mention the home computer
                      (just the box) and external disk drive. Matushka insisted on
                      evacuating with all her hats.

                      By this time, we could see much more than just a red glow in the sky.
                      I took some pictures of the approaching firestorm, and noted a tree
                      outlined against the sky on the ridge closest to our house. I
                      said--"if that tree goes, we're out of here."

                      Fifteen minutes later, the tree was spectacularly ablaze. By this
                      time, we could see the fires coming down the hills toward our house
                      from three sides. The fires roared up the hill toward a house across
                      the way from us, and we could see the balcony of the house begin to
                      burn. We were sure that house would be lost, but an aerial drop of
                      water extinguished the flames. (It should be noted that air
                      operations (water drops and chemical retardant drops) normally cease
                      at sundown for safety reasons, but they continued into the night for this fire.

                      With only one road into and out of Bell Canyon, it was clear that it
                      was time to leave. As we decided this, confirmation came from
                      sheriff's vehicles announcing, using bullhorns, announcing mandatory
                      evacuation.

                      It should be noted that this is horse country, and many of the homes
                      in the area have their own stable facilities. Horse trailers began
                      arriving and the staging area for loading them was directly below our
                      house. It was heart-rending to see these magnificent animals so
                      obviously frightened by the smoke and the flames visible from all sides.

                      We loaded up our cars with our own animals (a very big dog and a very
                      small dog, both quite excited about this adventure) and left the
                      house in God's hands.

                      That night, we slept in our cars, with the animals.

                      In the morning, the fate of the homes in Bell Canyon was not clear.
                      All we could see was towering smoke above our area, and helicopters
                      and planes flying all over.

                      That day, we were not allowed back into the canyon at all. After many
                      phone calls, we finally were able to find a hotel that would take us
                      with our animals, and stayed there the second night, watching the
                      news reports on television, which continuously talked about Bell
                      Canyon being the place where the fiercest battles with the blaze were
                      occurring, and where the most "hot spots" were. The most encouraging
                      news was that only one home was reported to have been destroyed.

                      In the morning we were able to reach the Bell Canyon guard gate and
                      were informed that residents with identification were being allowed
                      back in. We drove in and were appalled at the sight of the hills
                      surrounding Bell Canyon completely blackened--and many of the
                      interior roads showed areas around the homes that were blackened, as well.

                      Our house, thanks to the Protection of the Holy Mother of God, was
                      untouched, although from the windows we see how close the flames came
                      to many of the houses in our area.

                      The firefighters had done an absolutely magnificent job.

                      We thank all of you for your prayers.

                      With love in Christ,

                      Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

                    • DDD
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 4, 2005
                        Dear Fr. Alexander, Bless!

                        Thank you very much for the story--very glad and thanking God for you and your family's safety, and also edified, seeing that the Most Holy Mother of God even now guards us under Her holy protection...

                        --Asking your prayers,
                        Dimitra

                      • Fr. Alexey Chumakov
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 5, 2005
                          Glory be to God, that you are safe, Fr. Alexander. I saw the flames
                          from the safety of Tarzana, and prayed (probably the same)
                          supplicatory canon to Most HOly Theotokos that you did. However, I did
                          not realise it was THAT close, and I am sorry I was not able to reach
                          you and offer to stay in our house.
                          All the hillsides around were ablaze and it was indeed a frightening
                          sight. Living in the place like this, every time we say those litanies
                          about earthquake and fires - it seems so close to home and heartfealt.