Re: Fwd: Bishop Antony (Grabbe) Reposes. MEMORY ETERNAL!

  • morechof
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2005
      From the ROAC (Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church) Unofficial
      Weblog. If I am not mistaken the funeral is on Wednesday.

      Bishop Anthony (Grabbe) Reposes in the Lord

      (New York - 12.09.05) His Grace Bishop Anthony (Grabbe), son of
      Bishop Gregory (Grabbe) of New York, has reposed in the Lord at the
      age of 79. He reposed at about 11:15 AM Eastern Standard Time.

      Bishop Anthony became a Bishop under one of the branches of the TOC
      of Greece after leaving the ROCOR in 1985. He was received as a
      retired Bishop of the Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church in 2001.
      The son of one of the most eminent canonists of the ROCOR, Bishop
      Gregory (Grabbe), Bishop Anthony contributed the wisdom of old
      Russia to our Church in its most difficult period. He was quoted as
      saying, when asked why he would be accepted as a retired Bishop in
      ROAC, "that I wish to die in the Russian Church."

      According to Fr John Shaw of ROCOR, Bp Anthony will be buried at
      Novo-Diveeyevo Convent in Spring Valley, NY.NFTU