Re: [orthodox-synod] Fr. Seraphim of Platina (Rose)

  • Stephen/Στέφανος
    Message 1 of 60 , Sep 1, 2005
      Yes, and many at St. Mary's revere Blessed Seraphim of Platina, and
      reject the blasphemous "neo-gnostic" accusations of the "defrocked
      deacon" Lev Puhalo, who was made an archbishop by a totally schismatic
      and non-canonical group, and was eventually accepted into the OCA
      through "extreme oeconomia" as a "retired" archbishop, only; an most
      likely to spite ROCOR, since ROCOR had defrocked him.

      Stephanos

      David Constantine Wright wrote:

      > --- Stephen/Στέφανος <sbuatl@...> wrote:
      >
      > > And who questions any teaching of Blessed Hieromonk
      > > Seraphim?? The defrocked deacon Lev Puhalo, who calls
      > > himself "Retired Archbishop Lazar"???
      >
      > He doesn't "call himself" a retired Archbishop... he *is* a
      > retired Archbishop. You have said that you are a member of
      > St. Mary of Egypt ROCOR Parish in Atlanta... your parish
      > website says the following: "St. Mary's is part of the
      > worldwide Orthodox Church which was founded by our Lord
      > Jesus Christ and spread throughout the world by His
      > Apostles and their successors."
      >
      > -(http://www.stmaryofegypt.org) <http://www.stmaryofegypt.org%29>
      >
      > The Holy Synod of the OCA confirms that he is an
      > Archbishop, albeit retired, and the worldwide Orthodox
      > Church of which you are a part recognizes him as such.
      >
      > In the Joy of the Risen Lord,
      > Rd. David-Constantine
      >
      > +-------------------------------------------------------------+
      > | Reader David-Constantine Wright constantinewright@... |
      > | Personal Website: http://constans_wright.tripod.com |
      > | "God became Human so that humans could become gods." |
      > | St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation* |
      > +-------------------------------------------------------------+

      > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

    • vkozyreff
      Message 60 of 60 , Sep 10, 2005
        Dear Gene,

        What you are doing is just making a statement. It contributes to
        nothing.

        Saying: "to call it a church is a bit of overstatement" is just a
        declaration. You just express your position, which has been known for
        a while.

        Moreover, you use words like "disgraceful", "their own reasons". I
        have no own reasons in this matter, I can assure you, nor do all
        those who lost their church and their friends in my surrounding.

        If I were to do the same as you, I would just state "there is indeed
        such a thing as ROCOR (V)", and I would add a few derogatory details
        about compromises, reasons why treasons occur, etc.

        Of course, it would add nothing to the search of the truth. It would
        just add to hatred and irritation. It is so little in Jesus' style.

        In God,

        Vladimir Kozyreff

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, gene703 <gene703@y...> wrote:
        > Come on Mikhael,
        >
        > there is no such thing as ROCOR(V)
        > there is retired Mp. Vitaly residing in Mansonville
        > there are several ROCOR old times rightly upset at his disgracefull
        treatment
        > plus a whole lot of assorted weirdos who hang out there for their
        own reasons that have nothing to with ROCOR
        > to call it a church is a bit of overstatement
        >
        > Gene T
        >

        > michael nikitin <nikitinmike@y...> wrote:
        > So ROCOR(L) is in communion with the St.Herman of Alaska
        Brotherhood whom they defrocked. This is sad.

        > I call ROCOR under Metr.Laurus ROCOR(L) and ROCOR under Metr.Vitaly
        ROCOR(V). One seems to hold to what we had under Holy Metr.Philaret
        while the other serves with those whom they defrocked. Will the real
        ROCOR please stand up?

        > Shouldn't we un-defrock them...if we can? This is embarassing at
        the least and uncanonical.
        > One can only imagine with whom we'll concelebrate once we unite
        with MP.

        > We're losing something. It's either grace or our minds...or both.
        >
        > Michael N
        >

        > "Fr. John R. Shaw" <vrevjrs@e...> wrote:
        > Athanasios Jayne wrote:
        >
        > > The St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood, in Platina,
        > > was received some time ago into the Serbian
        > > Patriarchate. Thus, we in ROCOR are in full
        > > Communion with them.
        >
        > JRS: (1) That still does not make it a "ROCOR calendar".
        >
        > (2) The Serbian Church has surely not added the name of Fr.
        Seraphim Rose to the calendar
        > of Saints.
        >
        > (3) While in ROCOR, the Platina brotherhood began issuing icons of
        St. John Maximovitch
        > when he had not been recognized yet as a Saint in ROCOR.
        >
        > (4) If, in fact, their calendar (which I haven't even seen) really
        does call Fr. Seraphim Rose a
        > Saint, such is only the private view of the publishers.
        >
        > In Christ
        > Fr. John R. Shaw

        Service.