Re:[orthodox-synod]Orthodox tradition vs modernization

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      Joanna G. Wrote:

      > I understand this dilemma. ... The general Russian laity, mainly
      > North
      > American, are not educated in the blessed Orthodox traditions. They have become too
      > Americanized.

      JRS: Actually, it is less the "Americanized generations" than the people who grew up in
      Russia.

      If those raised in America reflect the same problems, it's because they learned certain
      attitudes from their families.

      > Are the clergy of ROCOR concerned about the loss of Orthodox traditions? Do you ever
      > discuss it
      > amongst yourselves?

      JRS: Of course we do.

      However, our first concern is to keep people from falling away from the Church.