Re: [orthodox-synod] Hurracaine Katrina

  • joasia@ca.inter.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2005
      Does anybody know if Fr. Alexander Lugonov and family are safe? They have the St. John
      of San
      Francisco church in Mobile.

      Please pray for my god-father, Timothy and his mother, Justina who live in New Orleans. I
      haven't
      been able to get in touch with them.

      Joanna
    • matnatasha@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30, 2005
        In a message dated 8/29/2005 11:07:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        joasia@... writes:

        Does anybody know if Fr. Alexander Lugonov and family are safe? They have
        the St. John
        of San
        Francisco church in Mobile.

        Please pray for my god-father, Timothy and his mother, Justina who live in
        New Orleans. I
        haven't
        been able to get in touch with them.

        Joanna

        I just spoke to Fr. Alexander and Matushka. They are safe and there was no
        major damage to the church. They haven't been to their house yet, but
        they're sure they sustained damage.

        They spoke to all their parishoners from Florida and Alabama and they are
        all safe. They haven't heard from any of their parishoners in Mississippi or
        Louisiana. The local news said not expect to here from anyone from Louisiana
        for at least a week.

        Mat. Natasha Manduke

      • Alexandre de Bonnefoi
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2005
          Has anybody some news about the eloquent Vladimir Kozyreff?

          A. de Bonnefoi

        • Maureen Girard
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 30, 2005
            --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, joasia@c... wrote:
            > Does anybody know if Fr. Alexander Lugonov and family are safe?
            They have the St. John
            > of San
            > Francisco church in Mobile.>>

            We are also trying to contact him. The power is out in Mobile and
            many of the towers are also nonfunctioning. This may be why we
            can't contact him. Nevertheless, we will continue trying to contact
            him.

            > Please pray for my god-father, Timothy and his mother, Justina who
            live in New Orleans. I
            > haven't
            > been able to get in touch with them.>>

            Joanna, they may have left NO before the storm hit. Most people
            left when the order was given.
            Maureen

          • joasia@ca.inter.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 31, 2005
              I finally talked to Timothy. He's in Houston.

              <tt>
              --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, joasia@c... wrote:<BR>
              >� Does anybody know if Fr. Alexander Lugonov and family are safe?� <BR>
              They have the St. John<BR>
              > of San <BR>
              > Francisco church in Mobile.>><BR>
              <BR>
              We are also trying to contact him.� The power is out in Mobile and <BR>
              many of the towers are also nonfunctioning.� This may be why we <BR>
              can't contact him.� Nevertheless, we will continue trying to contact <BR>
              him.<BR>
              > <BR>
              > Please pray for my god-father, Timothy and his mother, Justina who <BR>
              live in New Orleans.� I<BR>
              > haven't <BR>
              > been able to get in touch with them.>><BR>
              <BR>
              Joanna, they may have left NO before the storm hit.� Most people <BR>
              left when the order was given.<BR>
              Maureen<BR>
              > <BR>
              > Joanna<BR>
              <BR>
              <BR>
              </tt>

              <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

              <tt>
              Archives located at <a href="http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-
              synod">http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod</a><BR>
              <BR>
              </tt>

              <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

              <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

              <tt>SPONSORED LINKS</tt>
              t=ms&k=Orthodox&w1=Orthodox&w2=Orthodox+church&w3=Greek+orthodox+church&w4=Sect+of+ju
              daism&c=4&s=83&.sig=9z_98S7cLuo1qgTtYSQDCQ">Orthodox</a></tt>
              t=ms&k=Orthodox+church&w1=Orthodox&w2=Orthodox+church&w3=Greek+orthodox+church&w4=Se
              ct+of+judaism&c=4&s=83&.sig=FbydnGTjYH42LK_poVO-zg">Orthodox church</a></tt>
              t=ms&k=Greek+orthodox+church&w1=Orthodox&w2=Orthodox+church&w3=Greek+orthodox+church&
              w4=Sect+of+judaism&c=4&s=83&.sig=j51PDEVujxZm9ysHhvw5CQ">Greek orthodox church</a></tt>
              t=ms&k=Sect+of+judaism&w1=Orthodox&w2=Orthodox+church&w3=Greek+orthodox+church&w4=Se
              ct+of+judaism&c=4&s=83&.sig=26YJHUwlbR2o-3xOQAPEFA">Sect of judaism</a></tt>

              <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

              <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

              <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
              <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
              <ul>
              <tt><li type=square>�Visit your group "<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/orthodox-
              <tt><li type=square>�Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
              href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service</a>.</tt>
              </ul>