Re: [orthodox-synod] The truth will out

  • Anastasios Dustin Hudson
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16, 2005
      > JRS: Basically, it is a question of whom you want to
      > believe: our own people, who have been
      > participants in the negotiations, or the
      > suppositions of journalists and the guesses of
      > pundits.
      >
      > In Christ
      > Fr. John R. Shaw

      People immersed in the discussions become invested in
      them and become more biased; I have witnessed this
      many times with acquaintances involved in the
      ecumenical movement. Journalists on the other hand are
      supposed to be unbiased and have no stake in the
      outcome. Now in the real world that doesn't happen
      all the time but I think that it would be foolish to
      trust "our people"* and not journalists, or
      vice-versa. We need both kinds of information--first
      hand, personal knowledge that comes from the
      participants, and the kind of knowledge one gets from
      those with no vested interest (as much as can be hoped
      for) providing an outside analysis.

      Anastasios

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • DDD
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16, 2005
        I'm sorry--I only posted that post once, have no idea why it came up twice. Except that I also have been *receiving* two copies of everything lately, as well. ???

        --Dimitra