Re: [orthodox-synod] Fr. Dmitri Dudko - HERE IS THE UKAZ

  • michael nikitin
    Message 1 of 51 , Aug 2, 2005
      How many bishops compromise the Synod? There were no signatures on this Ukaze.
      We know Holy Metr.Philaret, who was first hierarch and who's diocese was Eastern America,
      did not sign the Ukaze or agreed with the Ukaze. Dimitra should be upset at Holy Metr.Philaret , not HTM, because they followed Holy Metr.Philaret's wishes who was head of their diocese.

      If one doesn't believe his letters, one can hear it from Holy Metr.Philaret himself, in his sermons one can purchase from the site below. I would strongly recommend listening to these sermons. The sermons confirm everything he states in his letters and are in agreement with the Holy Fathers which he often mentions.

      http://metphilaret.homestead.com/philaret.html

      The Ukaze might have been distributed by the Synod, but it was not signed nor binding. If it was, B.Anthony of San Francisco would not have proclaimed one for his diocese.

      Eastern America was the diocese of our first hierarch, Holy Metr.Philaret, who did not agree with the Ukaze. B.Anthony of Los Angeles, Fr.Alexander's bishop, also did not agree and did not sign it.

      We can pray for whomever we want, but the Church cannot pray for those who are outside Her fold.

      Michael N

      DDD <dimitradd@...> wrote:
      "UKASE No. 1-80

      The Gospel reading for the coming Sunday (Meat-fare Sunday_ reminds us
      especially of compassion for those in prison. "I was in prison, and ye
      visited Me," the Lord says to the merciful; and to the unmerciful: "I
      was sick and in prison, and ye did not visit Me."
      In our Homeland now there has appeared a new wave of persecutions. The
      Synod of Bishops calls on everyone to pray for those imprisoned.
      Therefore, on Meat-fare Sunday, Jan. 28/Feb. 10, I call on you in all
      churches after the Liturgy to serve a moleben for those in prison. We
      will commemorate: Priest Dimitry (Dudko), Priest Gleb (Yakunin), Priest
      Basil, Igor (Ogurtsov), Alexander (Ogorodnikov), Vladimir…and all,
      everyone who is imprisoned and suffers with them.
      The Chairman of the committee for the Defense of Persecuted Orthodox
      Christians, Priest Victor Potapov, has organized aid for the needy
      Matushkas of Fr. Dimitry Dudko and Fr. Gleb Yakunin. For this purpose I
      give my blessing for a special collection to be made in churches on
      Meat-fare Sunday.
      Archbishop Anthony
      Diocese of Western America and San Francisco
      Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia"
      --------------------------------------
      Look at our Saviour's words! "I was in prison, and ye visited Me" but to the unmerciful: "I was sick and in prison, and ye did not visit Me." Who "visited" imprisoned Fr. Dimitri and the other imprisoned fathers-- those who organized aid for their needy matushki and prayed for them at proskomide, molebens, or those who refused to commemorate them?
      I am grieved, because while Fr. Dimitri and others were in prison, I would not pray for him or read about him or read anything by him, because at that time I was with HTM & Co., which had told us that his church isn't a church, he isn't clergy, and we musn't have anything to do with him. I skipped all the articles about him and remained cold towards him.
      Who knows if his fate would have been better, had we prayed for him then?

      God have mercy on me, a sinner
      --Dimitra
      Fr. Alexander Lebedeff wrote: Michael Nikitin is here, once again, demonstrating his complete ignorance
      of the way in which the Church Abroad is administered, how Synod Meetings
      are held, and how Ukases are distributed.

      1. Ukases from the Synod of Bishops are distributed **without** the
      signature of the First Hierarch. They are printed on official Synod
      stationery and signed by the Secretary of the Synod, and stamped with the
      Seal of the Synod of Bishops.

      So to make a point that an Ukase was sent without the signature of
      Metropolitan Philaret is ludicrous....

      "Mike Nikitin" wrote:

      >Show us this Ukaze."

    • DDD
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 4, 2005
        By the way, the word is "comprise," not "compromise." I hope this is just a typo, and that you were not taking a (subtle?) pot-shot at our bishops.

        --Dimitra

        nikitin
        <nikitinmike@y...> wrote:

        > How many bishops compromise the Synod?  There were no signatures on
        this Ukaze.

        Evlogeite!
        Please do try and follow the plot. It has already been pointed out that
        it was not the practice of the synod for Bishops to sign. The Ukaze was
        sent out on behalf of the Synod over the Secretary's signature.
        God bless / Fr Daniel

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS