ROCOR Council Delegates?

  • David-Constantine Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2005
      I just noticed the update to the official ROCOR website which
      included the following statement concerning the upcoming Pan-Diaspora
      Sobor (Emphasis added):

      >ADDENDUM No 1 TO THE CIRCULAR UKASE
      >On the Composition of the IV All-Diaspora Council
      >
      >The IV All-Diaspora Council with the participation of the clergy and
      >laity comprises:
      >
      >a) the entire episcopate of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of
      >Russia;
      >
      >b) selected delegates (clergymen and ***male laity****) of the
      >dioceses;

      Am I seeing and understanding this correctly, that this excludes
      female parishioners from serving as delegates to the Pan-Diaspora
      Council?

      In Christ,
      Rd. David-Constantine
      http://constans_wright.tripod.com