The Prosperous Years

  • michael nikitin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2005
      We know St.Metr.Philaret disagreed with the decision of those who began praying for Fr.Dimitri. His letters state so.

      It is amazing that ROCOR, under St.Metr.Philaret, was administered so well, considering, according to Fr.Alexander, St.Metr.Philaret didn't do anything. Many from other jurisdictions, who were despondent over the road their bishops were taking them, were joining ROCOR in crowds. And now many are unhappy and left ROCOR or are sitting on the fence.

      Somebody must have been doing something right, must have been HTM who administered ROCOR. Fr.John Shaw writes that HTM wrote the anathema of 1983, letters of St.Metr.Philaret were written by HTM. I must admit, they were very well written. Fr. John writes everyone follows Fr.Panteleimon. Well, if that is the case, Fr.Panteleimon and HTM did a very good job administering ROCOR. Because those were the golden years when HTM was with us. ROCOR was prospering spiritually and her faithful were happy.

      When we started proclaiming the MP is the Mother Church, the MP began thinking of glorifying Metr.Serge as their Sviatitel'. ROCOR will also have Patr. Serge as her saint. We will not have St. Philaret's icon, but will have icons of Metr.Sergei in our Churches. We will have no choice. This is our future when we unite with MP.

      Some fish, as did the Apostles, to relax and pray, some drink.

      Michael N