Alexandria Too?

  • Athanasios Jayne
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2005
      And from this, it seems that the Patriarchate
      of Alexandria is doing much the same as Antioch,
      except they say they are not in "full Communion"
      with each-other, pending a decision from the
      other Orthodox Churches and Synods. But this
      statement says that the mutual anathemas have
      been lifted, and that they recognize each-other
      as having the "One Baptism" of the Church, and
      that they can marry each-other, and that
      ALL the Mysteries (Communion included) are to
      be given to these "mixed Christian families,"
      which indicates, it would seem, that the
      Patriarchate of Alexandria is giving Communion
      to the Monophysite spouses of her members,
      at the very least.

      See:

      http://www.orthodoxunity.org/state05.html

      From what I am seeing now, it would seem that
      Jerusalem alone, of the original 5 Patriarchates,
      has yet to compromise the faith.

      How can we be in Communion with those who have
      yet to embrace the Seven Ecumenical Councils?
      Whoever fails to confess the entire and pure
      faith of the Holy Councils, perfectly and
      completely, is not Orthodox. The Councils
      are not negotiable. Do we now improve upon
      the Holy Spirit? Do we correct God? Are we
      so wise as that? God save us from such "wisdom"!

      Lord have mercy!

      Athanasios.