[orthodox-synod] Prayer request

  • Nikolaj
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 12, 2000
      I just spoke to my parish priest, Batushka Sergei, and he asks all pious Orthodox Christians to please pray for little 9-year old Nikita in Berlin, who was hit by a car 3 days ago. He is in a coma, but the doctors do not yet rule out recovery.
      He is the only son of his parents, who are very pious, and Batushka Sergei knows them from his former Parish and loves them very much.
      Please remember little Nikita in your prayers. I thank you.
      Yours in Christ
      Nikolaj
    • Terry Dexter
      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 14, 2000
        Enough said. Nikita is in our prayers.And so are his parents and parish.
        Love in Christ, The Dexters from Our Lady Joy in Cumming, GA
        Date: Wednesday, January 12, 2000 6:27 PM
        Subject: [orthodox-synod] Prayer request

        I just spoke to my parish priest, Batushka Sergei, and he asks all pious
        Orthodox Christians to please pray for little 9-year old Nikita in Berlin,
        who was hit by a car 3 days ago. He is in a coma, but the doctors do not yet
        rule out recovery.
        He is the only son of his parents, who are very pious, and Batushka Sergei
        knows them from his former Parish and loves them very much.
        Please remember little Nikita in your prayers. I thank you.
        Yours in Christ
        Nikolaj

        Please visit www.egroups.com to update your profile. Your real name is
        required, but it is your choice as to whether or not your profile is visible
        to others. If you don't have web access, e-mail this same information to
        orthodox-synod-owner@egroups.com

        Looking for educational tools for your kids?
        Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com
        http://click.egroups.com/1/645/3/_/4386/_/947717001/

        -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=orthodox-synod&m=1
      • LJames6034@aol.com
        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 7 7:53 PM
          Childrens' Services, in Franklin County, Ohio, has seen fit to separate "my
          little boy" and me, the black child whom I was rearing, because: Though his
          mother said, "He has always wanted to live with you. If you don't take him,
          he has no place else to go," she did not have custody of him. The courts
          did.

          So, I went in and gave the Childrens' Services sorts my finger prints, signed
          over my private life, etc., etc., to reclaim the child.

          They came to inspect my house. They wanted to know if: (1) We had running
          water; (2) The tolilets flush; (3) If we had food; (4) If I had weapons;
          (5) What my discipline methods might be; (6) If we had working smoke alarms.

          One of the two members of the social workers said: "We don't envision any
          problems. It will just be three to five weeks, until the FBI report comes."

          We "passed" tdheir inspection. I knew what they would ask, in advance. My
          cousin Barbara knew. She told me how to prepare. Hence, we had all of the
          above. We even have a working shower (!). The problem, now, is: Until the
          FBI report comes, and the police report is sent, I cannot speak with the
          child (he's 15), or see him.

          I have had the most pietous letters from him. One ended: " You are the
          father I never had. Guide me through this life. I open up my heart."

          It brings tears to my eyes.

          Nevertheless, I cannt see him. I cannot call him. I cannot take him the
          things he wants me to bring. I have called his sisters and told them to tell
          him that. The child is in an instituion for boys (not a reform school, but
          close), just now.

          He's a gentle, artistic, compassionate soul. Though it will be only another
          two to three weeks before he is home again, I ask your prayers for him,
          because he says: "My mind is so lonely."

          Poor little guy. Your prayers will help, I am sure.

          Father Andrew
        • Fr. John Whiteford
          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 31, 2001
            Please pray for Matushka Chryse Ogden of Ss. Adrian
            and Natalia Mission in Texarkana, who will be having a
            very serious operation in the morning of August 8th.
            Please also pray for Fr. James Ogden.

            =====

            http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
          • Igumeniya Iulianiya
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 4, 2001
              ---May The Heavenly Healer, our Lord Jesus Christ and
              his servants Saint Panteleimon and father John of
              Kronstadt be with Matushka Chryse on her operation
              day, before that day and after. And give strength and
              courage to Father James.
              Sinful Abb.Juliana and sisters.

              "Fr. John Whiteford" <frjohnwhiteford@...>
              wrote:
              > Please pray for Matushka Chryse Ogden of Ss. Adrian
              > and Natalia Mission in Texarkana, who will be having
              > very serious operation in the morning of August 8th.
              >
              > Please also pray for Fr. James Ogden.
              >
              > =====

              > * Fr. John Whiteford IC
              > -|- XC *
              > *
              > ----|---- *
              > * St. Jonah Orthodox Mission
              > | *
              > * Spring, Texas
              > \| *
              > * http://www.saintjonah.org/
              > |\ *
              > * http://groups.yahoo.com/group/orthodox-rocor/ NI
              > | KA *

              > with Yahoo! Messenger
              > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

              http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
            • Theodora
              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 15, 2002
                Yesterdy we had a terrible accident on I 75 of which many saw on TV. The fog
                was indeed very bad for as I sat at my kitchen table one could no tsee the
                woods across the street and then it rolled in like swirls of cotton, very
                quickly and I could not even see the trees or shrine in my yard just outside
                my kitchen window.

                A family who raises emus here once gave to me a bag of these lovely eggs
                for our Parrish Sunday School. They were a lovely family but the father
                and son were on I 75 and were killed. Many more are hurt and so I ask you
                keep all in prayers. God give strength to all.
                They did not get home last night and so we just heard this morning.

                Theodora in the mountains
              • Kiril Bart
                Message 7 of 26 , Aug 1, 2002
                  Saint New Martyrs Andrew and Dimitry, pray for us!!
                  Please pray for the soul of newly reposed , maiden of
                  God, Tatjana Andreevna Murina. She was born in the
                  beginning of the century in US, on east coast to a
                  family of Russian Orthodox priest, Fr. Andrew Murin.
                  In a summer of 1914 they went back to Russia for a
                  vacation and get caught in a middle of a WWI, her
                  father was killed by bolsheviks and become Hieromartyr
                  as well as her Uncle, who also was a priest. Her
                  mother and her become strangled in Soviet Russia,
                  where they lived through besiege of
                  "Leningrad" during WWII. After their
                  evacuation from there to the Caucus mountains, place
                  where they lived was occupied by Germans, so she went
                  through long and winding road of East European DP's.
                  She lived a Godly life and practiced Lord's prayer for
                  many many years. In her last years Lord blessed her
                  with multiple illnesses, which she took with humility.
                  Lord have Mercy.
                  Sinful, subdeacon Kirill

                  http://health.yahoo.com
                • Theodora Wright
                  Message 8 of 26 , Dec 15, 2002
                    Please pray for Megan 11 months old. She was taken ill and flown to children's hospital today and I just recieved a call that all her organs are shuting down and they do not know why and do not expect her to live for more than a few hours now. Please pray for mother and father who have waited 17 years for a baby. May God grant strength and mercy to all. St. Nicholas interceed for little Megan. (Non Orthodox)

                    Theodora in the mountains

                  • Father Joachim <kosovo_au@yahoo.com.au>
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jan 21, 2003
                      Please pray for the safety and protection of Archimandrite Alexey and
                      the brotherhood of Holy Transfiguration Monastery, Bombala and Abbess
                      Anna and the Presentation Sisterhood, Bungarby. Both monasteries are
                      in danger from bushfires – part of the continuing bushfire crisis
                      affecting our nations capital, Canberra, and the National Parks in
                      the Australian Alps and high country where the monasteries are
                      located an hour and half from Canberra. An order yesterday (Tuesday
                      21 Jan) for the monks to evacuate was changed when an expected wind
                      change did not occur. Both monasteries are surrounded by fires and on
                      high alert, and considering the isolated and rough terrain, the
                      present drought, and current high temperatures, the situation is very
                      serious. The monks in particular are very vulnerable as both
                      potential escape routes from the monastery involve travel along many
                      kilometres of dirt tracks through tinder dry heavily timbered bush
                      before hitting bitumen roads. Having just spoken to one of the nuns
                      at Bungarby, the crisis will continue for some days, with
                      expectations that the coming weekend will bring weather conditions
                      that will make the situation even worse.
                    • Theodora Wright
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jun 7, 2003
                        Please pray the family of Jewell and Jenny and daughter Ashley. They are my
                        neighbors and quiet young. Jewell has just learned he has aggressive cancer
                        of the bladder. When Paul was so ill this man would come late to take me
                        home from hospital and helped in many ways. They are not Orthodox but we
                        are close...my "river bank friend".

                        Theodora in the mountains
                      • Seraphim Patterson
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jun 7, 2003
                          > Please pray the family of Jewell and Jenny and daughter Ashley. They are
                          my
                          > neighbors and quiet young. Jewell has just learned he has aggressive
                          cancer
                          > of the bladder. When Paul was so ill this man would come late to take me
                          > home from hospital and helped in many ways. They are not Orthodox but we
                          > are close...my "river bank friend".
                          >
                          > Theodora in the mountains

                          Dear Theodora,

                          They will be in our prayers. Tell them not to ignore alternative
                          treatments--herbal and nutritional things, I mean. As you know, my wife is
                          also fighting an aggressive type of cancer, and after having looked into
                          some of these things I am convinced there is something to some of them. The
                          evidence is all anecdotal, but I can't tell you how many people I have heard
                          from who have had great success combining conventional therapy with other
                          things.

                          In Christ,

                          Seraphim

                        • sputnikpsalomschchika
                          Message 12 of 26 , May 1, 2004
                            Dear friends in the Synod,

                            I am in need of you compassion and prayers.

                            My psychotropic medications are out of balance and the result is
                            causing me some embarrassment in public. I spoke with my doctor
                            tonight and we are moving quickly to adjust the medications, but these
                            things don't always show results quickly.

                            Please pray with and for me.

                            Reader Michael Malloy
                            Choir Director
                            Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker
                            Columbus Ohio
                          • Father Joachim
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jun 11, 2004
                              Dear Fathers and brethren,

                              Please pray for the repose of the soul of Nun Evgenia of Our Lady of
                              Kazan monastery (ROCOR), Kentlyn, NSW, Australia who died in old age
                              on Friday night 11th of June, about 10pm (AEST).

                              In Christ

                              Hieromonk Joachim
                              St John the Baptist skete
                              Kentlyn NSW
                            • Theodora Wright
                              Message 14 of 26 , Jul 20, 2004
                                Today my dear friend begins what will be the last chemo for his cancer..it
                                will either work or cause more harm. 50/50 To watch such suffering in this
                                world is to partake of the reality of how much we need our Lord and God..to
                                see the great courage is to see how often we fail in compassion and love
                                daily. It has spread now to five new cancers throughout his body but he
                                holds to the thought that this is another battle to be fought. Throughout
                                this world many are fighting this same battle. At a time when we are at
                                war, so many without work, so little security we see the great strength and
                                love and compassion of Our Lord and hear His words that He will be with us
                                even unto to end of the age. That is our security..our Dear Lord. I ask
                                prayers, not only for my dear friend but for all of those who are struggling
                                and trying to fight the good battle. I ask you all to hold his family, wife
                                and 12 year old daughter in your prayers, knowing that the Lord only knows
                                the future and so, this too will pass and He shall comfort all.

                                I pray that the Lord have mercy on our souls and that throughout this poor
                                world where there is so much trouble, war, illness, no work and no food,
                                fires, floods ....that we pray for one another and
                                hold each life special..Lord grant us the gift to meet each day with the
                                strength and Faith you have given ..

                                Theodora in The Mountains
                              • Valentina Grigorieva
                                Message 15 of 26 , Jul 21, 2004
                                  God bless you, dear Theodora, for your good words!
                                  Valentina by the Mediterranean Sea

                                  --- Theodora Wright <theomtn@...> a écrit : >
                                  Today my dear friend begins what will be the last
                                  > chemo for his cancer..it
                                  > will either work or cause more harm. 50/50 To
                                  > watch such suffering in this
                                  > world is to partake of the reality of how much we
                                  > need our Lord and God..to
                                  > see the great courage is to see how often we fail in
                                  > compassion and love
                                  > daily. It has spread now to five new cancers
                                  > throughout his body but he
                                  > holds to the thought that this is another battle to
                                  > be fought. Throughout
                                  > this world many are fighting this same battle. At a
                                  > time when we are at
                                  > war, so many without work, so little security we see
                                  > the great strength and
                                  > love and compassion of Our Lord and hear His words
                                  > that He will be with us
                                  > even unto to end of the age. That is our
                                  > security..our Dear Lord. I ask
                                  > prayers, not only for my dear friend but for all of
                                  > those who are struggling
                                  > and trying to fight the good battle. I ask you all
                                  > to hold his family, wife
                                  > and 12 year old daughter in your prayers, knowing
                                  > that the Lord only knows
                                  > the future and so, this too will pass and He shall
                                  > comfort all.
                                  >
                                  > I pray that the Lord have mercy on our souls and
                                  > that throughout this poor
                                  > world where there is so much trouble, war, illness,
                                  > no work and no food,
                                  > fires, floods ....that we pray for one another and
                                  > hold each life special..Lord grant us the gift to
                                  > meet each day with the
                                  > strength and Faith you have given ..
                                  >
                                  > Theodora in The Mountains

                                  > --------------------~-->

                                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/m.VolB/TM

                                • Fr David Straut
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Nov 26, 2004
                                    Dear Listmembers,

                                    I got word on Tuesday that (Fr) Michael Graves died unexpectedly in
                                    Haiti. He was not ill, but we haven't heard the cause of death as yet.
                                    If anyone knows more, will you share it? Please also
                                    remember him in your prayers.

                                    In Christ,

                                    Priest David Straut
                                    St Elizabeth the New-Martyr Orthodox Church (ROCOR)
                                    Rocky Hill, New Jersey

                                    http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
                                  • Gerald Herrin
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Nov 27, 2004
                                      If it is permissible, I would like to ask prayers for my daughter Ruth,
                                      not Orthodox. She is young, resident at a secular college, and
                                      traveling down the wrong road.
                                      Thank you.

                                      In Christ,

                                      Isaac (Gerald) Herrin

                                      geraldherrin@...
                                      "In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that
                                      which was right in his own eyes." --- Judges 17:6
                                    • CW

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Nov 27, 2004
                                          At 07:41 AM 11/27/2004, you wrote:

                                          >If it is permissible, I would like to ask prayers for my daughter Ruth,
                                          >not Orthodox. She is young, resident at a secular college, and
                                          >traveling down the wrong road.

                                          It is *always* permissible to ask for prayers! It's heart-wrenching to see
                                          one's child put herself into paths that will harm her soul. We will pray
                                          for her.

                                          Do you still live in/near St. Louis?

                                          Anna V.
                                        • vkozyreff
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Nov 27, 2004
                                            Dear Isaac,

                                            I will pray for your daughter. I understand what you must suffer.
                                            May God be with her.

                                            --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Herrin
                                            <geraldherrin@e...> wrote:
                                            > If it is permissible, I would like to ask prayers for my daughter
                                            Ruth,
                                            > not Orthodox. She is young, resident at a secular college, and
                                            > traveling down the wrong road.
                                            > Thank you.
                                            >
                                            > In Christ,
                                            >
                                            > Isaac (Gerald) Herrin
                                            >

                                            > geraldherrin@e...
                                            > "In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that
                                            > which was right in his own eyes." --- Judges 17:6
                                          • ddd
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Nov 27, 2004
                                              Dear Isaac (Gerald),
                                              Will pray! Pray to St. John of San Francisco.

                                              --Dimitra

                                            • matanna@aol.com
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Jun 5, 2005
                                                Christ is risen!

                                                Please pray for Mary Cecilia, in labor early in an extremely high risk
                                                pregnancy, and for her husband Justin.
                                                Many thanks.
                                                In Christ,
                                                Matushka Ann Lardas

                                              • Aleksandra Thompson
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Jun 6, 2005
                                                  "Lord Jesus Christ, son of God have mercy on them!"

                                                  matanna@... wrote: Christ is risen!

                                                  Please pray for Mary Cecilia, in labor early in an extremely high risk
                                                  pregnancy, and for her husband Justin.
                                                  Many thanks.
                                                  In Christ,
                                                  Matushka Ann Lardas

                                                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                                                • (matushka) Ann Lardas
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Jun 25, 2005
                                                    Thank you for your prayers! After teasing and frightening and worrying
                                                    her parents for nearly 20 days, Athanasia Kissel was born in the wee
                                                    hours of the morning today, weighing in at 4 lbs, 10 oz, 18" long,
                                                    healthy and beautiful. Her parents Mary Cecilia and Justin Kissel are
                                                    both doing well, thank God, and are grateful for everyone's prayers.

                                                    --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, matanna@a... wrote:
                                                    > Christ is risen!
                                                    >
                                                    > Please pray for Mary Cecilia, in labor early in an extremely high
                                                    risk
                                                    > pregnancy, and for her husband Justin.
                                                    > Many thanks.
                                                    > In Christ,
                                                    > Matushka Ann Lardas

                                                  • Aleksandra Thompson
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Jun 25, 2005
                                                      God's blessing to all!

                                                      "(matushka) Ann Lardas" <matanna@...> wrote:Thank you for your prayers! After teasing and frightening and worrying
                                                      her parents for nearly 20 days, Athanasia Kissel was born in the wee
                                                      hours of the morning today, weighing in at 4 lbs, 10 oz, 18" long,
                                                      healthy and beautiful. Her parents Mary Cecilia and Justin Kissel are
                                                      both doing well, thank God, and are grateful for everyone's prayers.

                                                      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, matanna@a... wrote:
                                                      > Christ is risen!
                                                      >
                                                      > Please pray for Mary Cecilia, in labor early in an extremely high
                                                      risk
                                                      > pregnancy, and for her husband Justin.
                                                      > Many thanks.
                                                      > In Christ,
                                                      > Matushka Ann Lardas

                                                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                                                    • Ekaterina Andreev
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Jun 12, 2006
                                                        Dear List:
                                                        Please pray for my mother, Maria. Tomorrow is her birthday and it is ten months since her passing. She did not have a "good" death.

                                                        Thank you for your prayers.

                                                        Katya