My last posting & I ask for your fervent prayers please....

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2005
      June 21/July 4 St. Andrew, Archbishop of Crete. St. Martha, mother of St.
      Symeon Stylites the Younger. Holy Royal Martyrs of Russia Tsar Nicholas II,
      Tsaritsa Alexandra, Crown Prince Alexis, and Grand-duchesses Olga, Tatiana,
      Maria and Anastasia, and those martyred with them (1918).

      And this commandment have we from Him, That he who loveth God
      love his brother also. ( John 4:21)

      Dear All - Christ is in our midst!

      Today I received an Ukase from my Ruling Archbishop that informs me that
      I have exceeded the boundaries of what is allowable in my postings on the
      internet forums. Those on these lists have accused me direct or indirect
      using reference material or referring to material allegedly coming from
      the camp of ROCA enemies. The material I have used has in the most been
      positive about historical ROCA but it has been critical at times of the
      current situation in our ROCA. I also know that my Archbishop has been
      under constant pressure to silence me on the internet. In the Ukase it
      also states that I should stop posting material in regard to
      religious-church questions on the receipt of the Ukase for one year from
      the date of the receipt of the Ukase.

      So everyone knows - I do this not out of fear for I only have Fear of God
      & have been persecuted before so I know what disobedience to a Bishop
      means - he can be a friend one day an enemy the next.

      I will adhere to the Ukase & this will be my last posting but not out of
      fear but out of love, respect & friendship for his Grace Archbishop
      Hilarion. He knows that I am loyal to historical ROCA, he also knows that
      I will not follow blindly in to a False Union with the post soviet MP. I
      am concerned however, hope & pray that it may not be the case, that this
      Ukase is a precedent for persecution of those faithful sons & daughters of
      ROCA who are not against honest dialogue with the MP but who are against
      the compromises contained in the said documents produced so far by the
      dialogue,

      I shall be silent for a year but I will monitor all postings. I hope & pray
      that other ROCA clergy & lay people will take my place in these lists & not
      allow historical ROCA to be denigrated in any way, nor allow the Holy
      Fathers of ROCA - such as our beloved metropolitan Philaret, Archbishop
      Averky & many others, blessed in memory, to be attacked because of what
      they wrote & said - today in the eyes & minds of those promoting the fast
      track false union are some how not appropriate, therefore not to be posted.

      I will answer all questions directed to me off-line. I have no animosity
      towards anyone on these lists - in ROCA itself or the MP but I do not have
      a place in my heart for anyone who advocates, promotes, or dilutes in any
      way or performs revision of sergianstvo & ecumenism so it becomes more
      palatable to the masses or to suit the times we live in.

      I ask forgiveness if any of my postings offended you & ask for your
      continued prayers for myself & all our brothers & sisters in ROCA.

      I wrote in a previous posting "....in regard to the post soviet MP top
      being ecumenist nothing has changed, the post soviet patriarch has spent
      most of his life being an ecumenist & now he even boasts about it. The MP
      delegation to the WCC has increased & they no longer care what ROCA says,
      thinks or does in regard to ecumenism the heresy. The white washing of
      sergianism & ecumenism was predicted many years ago by some on this list -
      so nothing has changed ...nothing else can be said & the so called
      documents are worthless & should not be accepted by the ROCA IV
      All-Diaspora Council on May 6-14, 2006, in San Francisco & the subsequent
      SOBOR of BISHOPS."

      I hope & pray that his Grace Archbishop Alypy & their Graces Bishops
      Daniel, Evtihy, Agarfangel & Gabriel will stand firm & not accept the
      documents that a full of compromise & abandon the subsequent False Union
      with the post soviet MP. Compromise can only lead to betrayal of
      oneself, values & so on; in our case of our beloved historical ROCA. The
      second betrayal by us in ROCA will be worse then the first betrayal by
      metr. Sergei & those that followed him, we in ROCA are not under any duress
      to accept the compromise that inevitably leads to betrayal of the Truth.
      The Glorious & Royal Path of ROCA was not only a beacon to all of us in
      ROCA but to many both clergy & lay people in the MP itself (& elsewhere) -
      indeed they too have been disappointed with the documents filled with
      compromise - the MP has given an inch & taken a mile. Our beloved bothers
      & sisters in the post soviet MP were not against the dialogue as such but
      expected no ROCA compromise on sergianism (the unnecessary evil in soviet
      time) & on ecumenism (the heresy of heresies).

      The post soviet MP patriarch himself said this in May 1999: "Perhaps the
      most painful question of today is the moral condition of the present
      hierarchy and clergy. The heritage which we received from the bolshevik
      time is far from ideal. The Council on Religious Affairs, which at heart
      pursued atheistic goals and attempted to destroy the foundations of the
      faith, handled the selection of personnel..... " & yet the current
      documents on sergianstvo & ecumenism fall short even of this admission by
      the MP.

      Father Seraphim Rose, blessed in memory, writes: "... ORTHODOX CHRISTIANS
      live today in one of the great critical times in the history of Christ's
      Church. The enemy of man's salvation, the devil, attacks on all fronts and
      strives by all means not merely to divert believers from the path of
      salvation shown by the Church, but even to conquer the Church of Christ
      itself, despite the Saviour's promise (Matt. 16:18), and to convert the
      very Body of Christ into an "ecumenical" organization preparing for the
      coming of his own chosen one, Antichrist, the great world-ruler of the last
      days.......

      THE ROOTS of today’s ecumenism in the Orthodox Churches go back to the
      renovationism and modernism of certain hierarchs in the 1920's. In the
      Russian Church, these currents produced, first, the "Living Church"
      movement which, with the help of the Communist regime, tried to overthrow
      Patriarch Tikhon and "reform" the Church in a radically Protestant manner,
      and then - as a more "conservative" successor to the "Living Church" - the
      Sergianist church organization (the Moscow Patriarchate), which emphasized
      at first the political side of reconciliation with Communist ideology and
      aims (in accordance with the infamous "Declaration" of Metropolitan Sergius
      in 1927), and only in recent decades has ventured once again into the realm
      of ecclesiastical renovationism with its active participation in the
      ecumenical movement......" & further he says: "..the ten years of
      anti-ecumenist epistles of Metropolitan Philaret, Chief Hierarch of the
      Russian Church Outside of Russia, have struck a responsive chord within a
      number of the Orthodox Churches, even if the "official" response to them
      has been largely silence or hostility...." Metropolitan Philaret ,
      blessed in memory, speaks to all of us even today - the loyal children of
      ROCA ,not only through his incorruptible relics, his podvig, his profound &
      glorious legacy & his writings:

      "But a schism nonetheless occurred. The minority, accepting the
      declaration, formed a central administration, the so-called "Moscow
      Patriarchate," which, while being supposedly officially recognized by the
      authorities, in actual fact received no legal rights whatever from them;
      for they continued, now without hindrance, a most cruel persecution of the
      Church.

      In the words of Joseph, Metropolitan of Petrograd, Metr. Sergy, having
      proclaimed the declaration, entered upon the path of "monstrous
      arbitrariness, flattery, and betrayal of the Church to the interests of
      atheism and the destruction of the Church." (Epistle of Metropolitan
      Philaret to Orthodox Bishops and All Who Hold Dear the Fate of the Russian
      Church, 1965)

      "It is completely absurd for the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia,
      founded in 1920 in accordance with Holy Patriarch Tikhon's Ukase, to
      consider the Moscow Patriarchate its Mother Church. The Moscow Patriarchate
      was unlawfully founded an entire seven years later in 1927 after the
      usurpation of the lawful Church Authority by Metropolitan Sergius, the
      Deputy to the Locum Tenens to the Patriarchal Throne.

      At that time he issued the infamous "Declaration" of the Church's complete
      loyalty to the godless Soviet State.
      The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia has always refused to
      consider the new church structure created by Metropolitan Sergius to be
      lawful and canonical; it refuses this to this very day.

      How can our Church consider the hierarchal structure created by
      Metropolitan Sergius to be canonical, when a number of the Moscow
      Patriarchate's best church historians themselves refer to Metropolitan
      Sergius' authority as "non-canonical" (see the Acts of Holy Patriarch
      Tikhon published by the Saint Tikhon Theological Institute in Moscow)?

      For the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia the Mother Church always
      was and always will be the historical Local Russian Orthodox Church in Her
      fullness".
      http://www.russianorthodoxchurch.ws/english/pages/history/pastoralappeal.html

      We should all listen in these troubled times to the true voice of our
      beloved First Hierarch Metropolitan Philaret, blessed in memory. Even
      those within ROCA that want true union between the ROCA & post soviet MP do
      not approve nor understand the reasons for this fast track (this speedy
      rush) dialogue which is leading firstly to unwarranted compromise &
      consequently to a False Union.

      I beseech our Lord Jesus Christ to give me strength in my silence so that I
      can do battle in any future struggle. I ask You Lord to be patient with me
      a sinner & if it be Your Will not allow any compromises to occur in the
      continuing dialogue nor a False Union to transpire as a direct result of
      these compromises. Lord You know my love for the much suffering people of
      Holy Russia & my loyalty to our ROCA, if it pleases You increase in me this
      love for the enemies that have persecuted your Holy Church & people during
      the godless soviet debauchery, so help me Lord!

      O Holy Theotokos do not for sake us in our hour of need. Shelter ROCA
      with Thy most precious Protection - Most holy Theotokos, help us!

      To you - our New Martyrs & Confessors of Russia, who knew no compromise &
      were loyal to our Lord Jesus Christ & his Holy Church unto the end, I now
      turn & ask you, from my heart which is filled with sadness, to intercede
      together with our ROCA holy fathers (both proclaimed as saints & those yet
      to be proclaimed as saints) to our Lord Jesus Christ so He will not allow
      any False Union to take place & that the Glorious & Royal Path our ROCA has
      followed to this day be followed by the bothers & sisters in the MP.

      Dear Fathers, Brothers & Sisters I truly hope & pray that if unification is
      to occur it should occur not as a result of compromise otherwise our
      beloved ROCA will be part of the sergianist & ecumenist quagmire that
      currently exists in the post soviet MP.

      I ask your forgiveness for making this last posting so long & from this day
      onwards I shall fervently pray that no False Union will be allowed to
      transpire - so in God I hope. I also know now why I serve in Canberra at
      the St John the Forerunner Church for in silence my voice will be heard!

      Thank you for your patience, kind words & love that I received through the
      years. I do not hold any grudges against anyone so help me God!

      God Bless all of You & keep you safe from harms way. Gospodi blagoslovi i
      spasi Vas!

      Glory be to GOD!

      With all my love in our Lord Jesus Christ ! Adieu!

      unworthy protodeacon Basil Alexnadrovich Yakimov
      St John the Forerunner Church, Canberra
      1700 hrs, 4 July 2005.

      This last posting was sent on 5 July 2005
    • Nicholas Steblez
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2005
        My dear brother in Christ Fr. Vasili,

        He is and ever shal be !

        I am afraid that words are insufficient to express how much I will miss your posts with all of the excellent information contained in them. I have, in fact, saved a number of those I felt were of the most importance to use as future reference material. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much doubt as to the direction of the prevailing winds and the storm clouds which accompany them.

        Please keep me in your prayers, and may God bless you with His Peace in this difficult time and may God prserve us all.

        The unworthy servant of God,
        Nicholas Steblez

      • orthodoxchurch_sg
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2005
          --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, byakimov@c... wrote:

          If you have been instructed by your Bishop not to post on the
          internet what is this post doing here?
          God bless / Fr Daniel

> [...]
          > onwards I shall fervently pray that no False Union will be
          allowed to
          > transpire - so in God I hope. I also know now why I serve in
          Canberra at
          > the St John the Forerunner Church for in silence my voice will be
          heard!

          > Thank you for your patience, kind words & love that I received
          through the
          > years. I do not hold any grudges against anyone so help me God!
          >
          > God Bless all of You & keep you safe from harms way. Gospodi
          blagoslovi i
          > spasi Vas!
          >
          > Glory be to GOD!
          >
          > With all my love in our Lord Jesus Christ ! Adieu!
          >
          > unworthy protodeacon Basil Alexnadrovich Yakimov
          > St John the Forerunner Church, Canberra
          > 1700 hrs, 4 July 2005.
          >
          > This last posting was sent on 5 July 2005
        • Stephen/Στέφανος
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2005
            Dear Fr. Basil,

            I have been wondering how long it would be before the "forces of union"
            with the "Mother Church" would move to silence you; they can't stand
            for you and others to post the truth about "union" with the
            MP.......... even though MOST of your posts have been of a wonderful
            spiritual nature........ and far fewer have been in regards to the
            "union". We will all miss the many wonderful articles that you have
            posted.

            God be with you, Father, and may you be justified in the end, oh
            faithful servant of Christ.

            Stephanos
            (P.S. I am aware that you may not reply to my post on the list if you
            so desired. Please keep me in your prayers, as you are in mine.)

            byakimov@... wrote:

> [...]
            > this day
            > onwards I shall fervently pray that no False Union will be
            > allowed to
            > transpire - so in God I hope. I also know now why I serve in
            > Canberra at
            > the St John the Forerunner Church for in silence my voice will be heard!
            >
            > Thank you for your patience, kind words & love that I received
            > through the
            > years. I do not hold any grudges against anyone so help me God!
            >
            > God Bless all of You & keep you safe from harms way. Gospodi
            > blagoslovi i
            > spasi Vas!
            >
            > Glory be to GOD!
            >
            > With all my love in our Lord Jesus Christ ! Adieu!
            >
            > unworthy protodeacon Basil Alexnadrovich Yakimov
            > St John the Forerunner Church, Canberra
            > 1700 hrs, 4 July 2005.
            >
            > This last posting was sent on 5 July 2005

          • boulia_1
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2005
              --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, byakimov@c... wrote:

              > June 21/July 4 St. Andrew, Archbishop of Crete. St. Martha, mother
              of St.
              > Symeon Stylites the Younger. Holy Royal Martyrs of Russia Tsar
              Nicholas II,
              > Tsaritsa Alexandra, Crown Prince Alexis, and Grand-duchesses Olga,
              Tatiana,
              > Maria and Anastasia, and those martyred with them (1918).

              ... ... ... ...
              > 1700 hrs, 4 July 2005.
              >
              > This last posting was sent on 5 July 2005

              Just a point of order regarding the calendar:

              June 21/July 4 (O.S./N.S, in that order) is the date our Church
              commemorates Martyr Julian of Tarsus in Cilicia, Hieromartyr Terence
              (Tertius), bishop Iconium, St. Julius presbyter of Novara and his
              brother St. Julian the deacon, New Martyr Nicetas of Nusyros near
              Rhodes, Martyrs Archil II and Luarsab II, kings of Georgia, Martyr
              Aphrodisius in Cilicia, and St. mewan, abbot of St. Meen.

              Sts. Andrew and Martha and the Holy Royal New Martyrs of Russia are
              commemorated on July 4/17, the anniversary of the Bolsheviks' murder
              of the Romanov family.

              As much as the Protodeacon from Canberra may wish to align himself
              with the Holy Royal Martyrs, there is no "sovpodenia" in the dates of
              his "exile from the Internet" and the last Tsar's glorious crowning
              in martyrdom.

              Elizabeth