Re: [orthodoxjurisdictions] Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Associated Press Reports on Documents

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2005
      Dcn Basil Yakimov wrote:

      > Father Alexander we know you are a robust defender of the post soviet,
      > (sergianist & ecumenist) MP but please refrain form attacking our blessed
      > in memory metropolitan Philaret with " a might schizophrenic Metropolitan
      > Philaret.."

      JRS: If you had read Fr. Alexander's posting carefully, you would have understood that he was
      not criticizing Metropolitan Philaret at all -- but saying that, in the remarks as presented, he
      was *made to appear* "a mite schizophrenic".

      In other words, they were depicting what would have been "a mite schizophrenic
      Metropolitan Philaret" -- if he had really said what they claimed.

    • michael nikitin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2005
        But St.Metr.Philaret did really say that. We read this in many of his writings. So Fr.Alexander did call him a schizophrenic.

        Instead of defending St.Metr.Philaret those for union call him names
        to try and discredit him.

        One can either believe St.Metr.Philaret or Fr's Alexander and John. I believe St.Metr.Philaret
        no matter what anyone calls him to try and discredit him.

        Michael N

        "Fr. John R. Shaw" <vrevjrs@...> wrote:
        Dcn Basil Yakimov wrote:

        > Father Alexander we know you are a robust defender of the post soviet,
        > (sergianist & ecumenist) MP but please refrain form attacking our blessed
        > in memory metropolitan Philaret with " a might schizophrenic Metropolitan
        > Philaret.."

        JRS: If you had read Fr. Alexander's posting carefully, you would have understood that he was
        not criticizing Metropolitan Philaret at all -- but saying that, in the remarks as presented, he
        was *made to appear* "a mite schizophrenic".

        In other words, they were depicting what would have been "a mite schizophrenic
        Metropolitan Philaret" -- if he had really said what they claimed.

        Greek orthodox church Greek orthodox Jewish orthodox Orthodox church Indiana university