[orthodox-synod] Re: "James"

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2000
      As someone who bears the name "James" as a patrinymic, let me just correct
      the notion that King James of Great Britain somehow took the name James. He
      did not. He was the 6th James in a line of Stewart kings dating back to King
      Robert, II, the first Stewart king.

      King James is often referred to by Scottish persons and Celtic nationalists
      as "James 6 and one." That is: He was the sixth James to rule the Scots,
      in Scotland, but he was the first James to rule England.

      Alas for those who believe in conspiracy theories: James did not conspire
      to appear to take an Apostle's name. He was given one, when he was baptized.

      I, on the other hand, was born with it.

      Father Andrew (Laurence Joseph James, Ph.D.)