[orthodox-synod] Church Politics vs. Churchmen Policies

  • Mark Markish
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2000
      > > "The Orthodox Church,"
      > > as such, may be a persistent delusion. Those who keep looking
      for the
      > > Perfect, One, True Church without spot or wrinkle, without blemish,
      are
      > > looking for what is not.
      >
      > ...isn't this being too cynical? Christ said, I will build my church
      > and the gates of hell will not prevail against it...
      > This Church is true, and perfect, and without spot or wrinkle.

      Since the inception of the Orthodox Internet, people never cease to
      marvel
      how the very important truths surface through seemingly insignificant
      exchange of messages.

      Of course the Church is true, and perfect, and without spot or wrinkle,
      --
      -- even though, unfortunately, we do not live up to her beauty. If we
      forget people's imperfection (aka sin), we cannot grasp the history of

      _Exactly_the_same_ applies to postings on this list!

      Glory be to our God.