Prayer request

  • Fr. Gregory Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
      Christ is Risen!

      I discovered just today that I have suffered a partial retinal detachment in
      one eye, and am scheduled for emergency surgery tomorrow afternoon. I beg
      you to keep me in your prayers.

      In Christ Jesus,
      Fr. Gregory Williams

      The Saint John of Kronstadt Press
      The Haitian Orthodox Mission
      The Orthodox Church of the Annunciation/Agape Community
      1180 Orthodox Way
      Liberty, TN 37095-4366 USA

      Catalog of books & recordings: www.sjkp.org
      Information on the Haitian Mission: www.orthodoxhaiti.org
      Information on Church of the Annunciation: www.annunciation.us

      Phone: (615) 536-5239
      FAX: (615) 536-5945
      E-mail: frgregory@...
    • (matushka) Ann Lardas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2005
        Truly He is risen!
        Father, bless!

        I'm so sorry to hear this! You are in our prayers and will ask Fr. G.
        to commemmorate you during the Liturgy besides.
        Greetings and love to Matushka -- she will be in our prayers as well.
        There's nothing easy about watching someone you love in the hospital.
        May God guide the surgeon's hand and grant you healing! When Nick had
        the glass in his eye from the crash, we and friends prayed to St.
        Paraskeva, and she helped immensely, all he had was a little scarring
        on his cornea, after all the chunks and chunks the surgeon removed.
        Will pray to her again, too.
        With love in Christ,
        Matushka Ann

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Fr. Gregory Williams"
        <frgregory@k...> wrote:
        > Christ is Risen!
        >
        > I discovered just today that I have suffered a partial retinal
        detachment in
        > one eye, and am scheduled for emergency surgery tomorrow
        afternoon. I beg
        > you to keep me in your prayers.
        >
        > In Christ Jesus,
        > Fr. Gregory Williams
        >
        > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
        > The Saint John of Kronstadt Press
        > The Haitian Orthodox Mission
        > The Orthodox Church of the Annunciation/Agape Community
        > 1180 Orthodox Way
        > Liberty, TN 37095-4366 USA
        >
        > Catalog of books & recordings: www.sjkp.org
        > Information on the Haitian Mission: www.orthodoxhaiti.org
        > Information on Church of the Annunciation: www.annunciation.us
        >
        > Phone: (615) 536-5239
        > FAX: (615) 536-5945
        > E-mail: frgregory@s...
      • William Zurmuehl
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2005
          Father Bless!!

          May God grant you a safe surgery and a speedy recovery

          Christ is Risen!!!

          Subdeacon Joseph Zurmuehl
          Joy of all Who Sorrow Orthodox Church
          Russian Orthodox Church Abroad

          >From: "Fr. Gregory Williams" <frgregory@...>
          >To: <orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: [orthodox-synod] Prayer request
          >Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 21:23:06 -0500
          >
          >Christ is Risen!
          >
          >I discovered just today that I have suffered a partial retinal detachment
          >in
          >one eye, and am scheduled for emergency surgery tomorrow afternoon. I beg
          >you to keep me in your prayers.
          >
          >In Christ Jesus,
          >Fr. Gregory Williams
          >
          >* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
          >The Saint John of Kronstadt Press
          >The Haitian Orthodox Mission
          >The Orthodox Church of the Annunciation/Agape Community
          >1180 Orthodox Way
          >Liberty, TN 37095-4366 USA
          >
          >Catalog of books & recordings: www.sjkp.org
          >Information on the Haitian Mission: www.orthodoxhaiti.org
          >Information on Church of the Annunciation: www.annunciation.us
          >
          >Phone: (615) 536-5239
          >FAX: (615) 536-5945
          >E-mail: frgregory@...

        • Fr. Gregory Williams
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2005
            Christ is Risen!

            Many thanks, Matushka. So far, it seems the surgery was successful (months
            before certainty), but at present vision is severely impaired, drastically
            limiting anything having to do with computer. Mercifully, I can read in
            short stretches, get around OK, pack books -- but all activity makes me
            somewhat seasick. Small blessing, I've been saved the trauma of making a
            go/nogo decision for the forthcoming not-trip to Haiti, as I'm on the no-fly
            list till at least mid-July as a result of the surgery. Conditions there
            drastically worse. A shopkeeper friend of mine was kidnapped last week,
            held several hours until a huge ranson was paid; and it appears that the
            kind manager of the hotel in Cap-Haitien where our services are held was
            killed by rifle-fire on the airport road a couple of days ago (no news can
            be regarded as certain in Haiti), whether intentionally or as "collateral
            damage" not yet known. God help our struggling people!