The Myrrh-Streaming Icon of Saint Anna

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005
      The Myrrh-Streaming Icon of Saint Anna

          March 12, 2004 - In the Russian Orthodox Church of Our Lady the Joy of
      All Who Sorrow (ROCOR), located in Philadelphia, PA an icon of St.
      Righteous Anna was found to have been weeping myrrh since November, 2004.
      Since the discovery of myrrh coming from the icon, many miracles occurred
      in the lives of the faithful who venerated the icon and was anointed by its
      myrrh.

          The Russian Orthodox Church of Our Lady the Joy of All Who Sorrow
      states the following: That His Eminence visited our Church's Miraculous
      icon and it declared authentic. His Eminence Metropolitan Laurus, First
      Hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia graciously visited
      our parish to celebrate our feast day with us as we inaugurate our 55th
      year as a parish family and the 30th year of ordination for our Rector. To
      our great joy, His Eminence served the All-Night Vigil on Friday evening,
      November 5, as well as the Liturgy on the following day. Not only was the
      icon of the parish's feast day honored but the miraculous medieval Kursk
      Root icon of the Mother of God was in the church for the veneration of the
      faithful.The Father Rector received a gramota for his service to the
      church. The phenomenon of the oil drops on the icon of St. Righteous Anna
      has been approved for veneration.

          On April 14th of 2005, Saint John's had the honor of holding a service
      of supplication in honor of the visit of this blessed icon.  We wish to
      thank everyone, especially Father Athanasy, who turned out for this event
      and we hope that we may one day in the future they may visit us again.

         For more on this precious icon, please visit the Russian Orthodox Church
      of Our Lady website at:
      www.churchofourlady.org