Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Long Live Tsar Michael !!!

  • gene703
    Message 1 of 21 , May 31 9:28 PM
      Stephen said >> very racists and bigoted

      Gene T said >> OK, you are right, I shouldn't get down on the dark and the olive colored, all I can say in my defence is that Russia already had it's fill of Georgian rulers for the next couple of hundred years and right now could use someone with better manners and pedegree to defend the Faith so to speak. Once again a apoligize if my comment seemed racist in any way and yes I do appreciate "pasty-white, Pomeranian poodle-puffs" consorts very much but it's not a proper subject for discussion on an orthodox forum I am afraid :-)

      Stephen/Στέφανος <sbuatl@...> wrote:
      Kriste Aghsdga!

      While I am in no way in favor of a Freemason "New-World-Order" Tsar
      Michael........ I find your comment "georgian/armenian watermellon
      seller on a Moscow bazar" very racists and bigoted. The Georgians
      are some of the most attractive people God has put on earth...... with
      their dark hair; olive skin; blue, green or hazel almond-shaped eyes,
      etc. Or perhaps you prefer "pasty-white, Pomeranian poodle-puffs" that
      look like the former King George of England??

      Stephanos

      gene703 wrote:

      > Fr. John R. Shaw wrote - what is "your book"? >>
      >
      > I am your average orthodox "prihozhanin", in church once a month +
      > major holidays, can recite Otche Nash from memory, can read church
      > Slavonic, understand at leat 10% of what is said during liturgy,
      > donated a little over $1000 in 2004 according to the tax form, hate
      > lying unrepentant commies pretending to be something else, sometimes
      > read Bible before going to sleep ( a habbit picked up down south from
      > a roommate ), children baptized by father + Mitrofan from Sea Cliff (
      > we were so prowd when he made a Bishop ) Well, that's about if for my
      > book.
      >
      > Seriously, the man is of a direct royal blood, related to Nicholas II
      > on BOTH sides of his family, most certantly has excellent manners, not
      > a thief which is saying a lot about any current or future Russian
      > official plus his cousin Charles, who likes to spend so much time on
      > Afon, can quickly fill him in on all things Orthodox. He woun't be the
      > first non-russian to assume the throne, Nicholas II himself was less
      > that 10% Russian but no one can say he was a bad Orthodox /
      > Pravoslavniy. Plus Michael really looks like Tzar's relative and he
      > really is, while the nearest young ablebodied "russian" pretender to
      > the throne the son of Madame Kulikova-Romanova looks like "cheniaviy"
      > georgian/armenian watermellon seller on a Moscow bazar.
      >
      > So, Long Live Tsar Michael !!! Under the surcumstances we really
      > can't do better that that.
      >
      > Gene T
      >
      > "Fr. John R. Shaw" <vrevjrs@...> wrote:
      > XB!
      >
      > Gene T wrote:
      >
      > > 40 days of fasting, full confession, tripple full dippin' orthodox
      > baptism on TV and they be
      > 100% OK in my book
      >
      > JRS: But what is "your book"?
      >
      > In Christ
      > Fr. John R. Shaw

    • vkozyreff
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2005
        Dear List,

        Moreover, the "future Tsar" is a friend of Khodorkovsky's.
        Freemasonry, oligarchs, council of foreigh relations, same beard as
        Nicholas II, blessed by new ROCOR and MP. Good start! Prelest! Holy
        Russia in sight again.

        http://www.yukos.com/exclusive/exclusive.asp?id=6087

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Stephen/Στέφανος

        Service.

        subject=Unsubscribe>

      • aprmih
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 1, 2005
          Interesting. While I was not the one who used the terms "olive
          skinned" to describe Georgians and "pasty-white, Pomeranian poodle-
          puffs" to describe Northern Europeans, I am the one ending up being
          accused of being a KKK member.

          Well, if I have offended you, I apologize. For what it's worth
          here's my thought process: I originally was going to use the
          currently accepted pc term "caucasian" but changed my mind for
          obvious reasons (and boy am I glad I did!). I substituted it
          for "white" because I thought that since you originally used the
          term "olive skinned", you wouldn't mind. I guess I was wrong. Sorry.

          Oops! Gotta go... I'm late for my meeting.... now where did I put my
          hood?

          Alex

          <sbuatl@c...> wrote:
          > Sounds like you have a little too much 'white' pride........ are
          > you a Klan member??
          >
          > Stephanos

        • Russell Martin
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 1, 2005
            Dear List,

            How disappointing. This is a very interesting and important topic that could have spawned any number of edifying and relevant offshoots. But, alas, the thread has gone the way of mutual misunderstandings, of misspoken words, of hurt feelings and apologies, and of dizzying lack of charity. I have long tolerated the vile things that are sometimes said on this list by conspiracy theorists, foaming nationalists, and angry jurisdictionalists. But am I really alone in thinking that the time has come to go back to basics and remember that we all are in a community based on shared belief and love, and that the anonymity that one might be afforded by our computers doesn't allow us to behave as if the person on the receiving end of our emails aren't people with feelings and worth, all made in the image and likeness of God?

            What a disappointment. What a shame.

            Is it time for more energetic moderation of the contributions to this list?

            Roman Martin

            Russell E. Martin
            Assoc. Professor of History
            Westminster College
            New Wilmington, PA 16172-0001
            phone: 724.946.6254
            fax: 724.946.7256
            webpage: http://www.westminster.edu/staff/martinre/
            other email: remartin@...
          • vkozyreff
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 2, 2005
              Dear Roman,

              I discussed a few times on this forum the meaning of "do not judge"
              and the necessity to judge for any Christian. Your message, however,
              is a sum of condemnations and insults of the kind that we should
              avoid and that is not expected from a historian, in my view. Briefly,
              your message (whcih is more offensive than the ones you criticised)
              says that some members of this List:

              1. have disappointed you
              2. are below the expected level
              3. have shown dizzying lack of charity.
              4. are "vile" "Conspiracy theorists".
              5. are "foaming nationalists"
              6. are "angry juridictionalists".
              7. are a shame
              8. are forgetting basics and the fact that their correspondents
              are made in the image of God.

              You add that you have tolerated the above with difficulty and that
              the moderator has failed.

              Concerning your attacks which I felt directed at least in part to me,
              I woulkd like to stress that:

              I am not vile in thinking that there are conspiracies (Vl Averky of
              Syracuse spoke about them).

              I am not a foaming nationalist, but I love Russia.

              I am not an "angry juridictionalist", but I am sad at ROCOR's recent
              evolution.

              The conversation about racial features on this List is unimportant.

              I would like to say the following about the Russian succession: Your
              judgement on the Kyrill Vladimirovich line as candidates to the
              throne seems wrong and not very well informed to me, especially from
              the spiritual angle. You overlook their treason of the Emperor and of
              Russia in 1917, their absence by the Russian orthodox anti communist
              patriots in the West, their lack of dignity before Russia's new
              leaders ad their betraying ROCOR. They have not impressed anybody in
              the White Russian emigration. They have never shown any kind of
              leadership.

              I met a few people that had "put themselves at the service of Her
              Highness", who looked like operetta courtisans more than anything
              else and others that had been "ennobled". For years, we have been
              trying to associate them with our actions. The only response that we
              received once, is that Her Highness Maria Vladimirovna accepted to
              attend a Russian charity ball in Brussels. She only cared about
              winning at the lottery and getting flattered. Prince George is
              working at the European Commission in Brussels. Attempts to
              communicate with him from the Russian orthodox community have been
              ignored.

              In God,

              Vladimir Kozyreff

              --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Russell Martin"
              <MartinRE@w...> wrote:
              > Dear List,
              >
              > How disappointing. This is a very interesting and important topic
              that could have spawned any number of edifying and relevant
              offshoots. But, alas, the thread has gone the way of mutual
              misunderstandings, of misspoken words, of hurt feelings and
              apologies, and of dizzying lack of charity. I have long tolerated
              the vile things that are sometimes said on this list by conspiracy
              theorists, foaming nationalists, and angry jurisdictionalists. But
              am I really alone in thinking that the time has come to go back to
              basics and remember that we all are in a community based on shared
              belief and love, and that the anonymity that one might be afforded by
              our computers doesn't allow us to behave as if the person on the
              receiving end of our emails aren't people with feelings and worth,
              all made in the image and likeness of God?

              > What a disappointment. What a shame.
              >
              > Is it time for more energetic moderation of the contributions to
              this list?

              > Roman Martin
              >
              > Russell E. Martin
              > Assoc. Professor of History
              > Westminster College
              > New Wilmington, PA 16172-0001
              > phone: 724.946.6254
              > fax: 724.946.7256
              > webpage: http://www.westminster.edu/staff/martinre/
              > other email: remartin@p...
            • vkozyreff
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 2, 2005
                Dear List,

                Prince Michael of Kent, son of George, Duke of Kent gave up his right
                to the throne in 1978 when he married the Roman Catholic Baroness
                Marie-Christine von Reibnitz of Bohemia. They have two children, Lord
                Frederick Windsor, born in 1979; and Lady Gabriella Windsor, born in
                1981.

                There was embarrassment in the Eighties when Princess Michael of
                Kent's father, Baron Gunther von Reibnitz, was exposed as a former
                Nazi party member and SS officer.

                " It was being speculated for over a year, but now it appears that
                Lady Gabriella Windsor, called Ella and 30th in line to the British
                throne, will marry Aatish Taseer, 24-year-old son of the columnist
                Tavleen Singh, soon. Prince and Princess Michael Kent will reportedly
                announce that their 23-year-old daughter is to marry Aatish early
                this year. The Prince and the Princess have no problem with Aatish
                who, although born of a Muslim father, is said to be a practising
                Sikh. In fact the Princess, who considers Aatish as one of the most
                handsome young man, once reportedly said she would have no objection
                if Prince Williams married a Muslim girl. .. [India Express Bureau]"

                http://desitalk.newsindia-times.com/2005/01/21/wedding-28top.html

                I wonder whether the Prince is not a bit too "open minded" to be a
                reasonable candidate for an orthodox throne.

                In God,