Re: Vive la France!

  • vkozyreff
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      Dear List,

      As most of you are Americans, I would like to console you in showing
      below that not only George Dubbelyu is a fine historian and a
      connaisseur of cultures, civilisations and religions. In Europe too,
      we have ours.

      Vladimir Kozyreff

      In his debate with the French youth, Chirac undertook « without
      Constitutional treaty. "It is in the interest of France, of our youth
      and of Europe", he stressed, convinced that that project is
      fundamental for the advent of a "powerful Europe".

      Once more, he advocated Turkey's entry in the EU, because "it would
      be an exraordinary opportunity for France to get stronger".

      "We are all children of Byzantium" he added, adding that the idea of
      a "geographically limited Europe is meaningless".

      Outside, Armenians shouted : « Turkey, Chirac, revisionnists ». They
      were vigourously evacuated by the police.

      Remark of a correspondent : The Children of Byzantium are the Greek,
      the Slavs and the Balkanic people, who are still suffering from the
      Ottoman expansion.

      source ouest-france 15/11/04

      Article envoyé par La Gauloise via le Téléphone Rouge

      http://www.france-echos.com/actualite.php?cle=2436

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, byakimov@c... wrote:

      > http://www.orthodoxengland.org.uk/ (in English)
      >

      > Vive la
      France!

      > I will not prophesy. I will merely repeat that we are at present
      working, discreetly but with
      > all our might, to wrest this mysterious political force called
      sovereignty out of the clutches
      > of the local national states of our world. And all the time we are
      denying with our lips what
      > we are doing with our
      hands.

      > Professor
      Arnold Toynbee, 8 June 1931

      > The clutter of small nations must be eliminated in favour of a
      united Europe.

      Adolf Hitler, 1943

      > Quite clearly, the plan to be adopted, even on the purely economic
      level, must be too vast to
      > be prepared in any detail before it is undertaken. Its shape must
      be subject to modification
      > as we go. Moreover - and it is as well to state this at the
      outset - no government dependent
      > on a democratic vote could possibly agree in advance to the
      sacrifices which any adequate plan
      > must involve. The people must be led slowly and unconsciously into
      the abandonment of their
      > traditional economic
      defences.

      > Peter (later Lord) Thorneycroft in the 1947 ‘Design for
      Europe’.

      > ‘However daring a political project is, it must be hidden,
      camouflaged. In Europe (the EU, of
      > course) one must act ‘as if’. As if, that is, one wanted only
      a few things in order to get a
      > great deal. As if indeed, nations were to remain sovereign in
      order to convince them to
      > surrender their sovereignty. For example, the Commission in
      Brussels must act as if it were a
      > technical organisation so that it can operate as a
      government...The new entity is faceless and
      > those in command can neither be elected nor pinned down. As a
      matter of fact, the
      > transformation is already here, all that is needed is a few
      corrections here and there, along
      > with a great deal, of cunning. Most people do not realize that the
      New World is already
      > amongst us...I prefer to go slowly, to crumble pieces of
      sovereignty little by little,
      > avoiding abrupt transitions from national to federal power. That
      is the way we will have to
      > behave to build Europe’s (the EU’s) common
      policies...’

      > Giuliano Amato, Prime Minister of Italy, July 2000, as
      reported in ‘The Democratic Way to

      Totalitarianism’ in La Stampa.

      > The rejection by the French people in a referendum of a proposed
      ‘Constitution’ for the
      > European Union is to be greeted by all Orthodox
      Christians.

      > The project, established by the political ruling class elites of
      EU Europe, and the dark
      > forces which stand behind them and manipulate them, has been
      rejected. Of course those elites
      > have suffered only a temporary setback. They will continue with
      their anti-democratic project
      > to unite Europe politically, in order to prepare it to become part
      of a global dictatorship.
      > No doubt in France there will be another referendum and another
      and then another, until the EU
      > political establishment gets the ‘right’ answer. But there is
      no doubt that the advent of
      > world dictatorship has been put back. By the grace of God, we have
      been given a short
      > breathing space. Let us make the most of this God-given
      opportunity, a moment of relative