Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Long Live Tsar Michael !!!

  • gene703
    Message 1 of 21 , May 31 9:28 PM
      Stephen said >> very racists and bigoted

      Gene T said >> OK, you are right, I shouldn't get down on the dark and the olive colored, all I can say in my defence is that Russia already had it's fill of Georgian rulers for the next couple of hundred years and right now could use someone with better manners and pedegree to defend the Faith so to speak. Once again a apoligize if my comment seemed racist in any way and yes I do appreciate "pasty-white, Pomeranian poodle-puffs" consorts very much but it's not a proper subject for discussion on an orthodox forum I am afraid :-)

      Stephen/Στέφανος <sbuatl@...> wrote:
      Kriste Aghsdga!

      While I am in no way in favor of a Freemason "New-World-Order" Tsar
      Michael........ I find your comment "georgian/armenian watermellon
      seller on a Moscow bazar" very racists and bigoted. The Georgians
      are some of the most attractive people God has put on earth...... with
      their dark hair; olive skin; blue, green or hazel almond-shaped eyes,
      etc. Or perhaps you prefer "pasty-white, Pomeranian poodle-puffs" that
      look like the former King George of England??

      Stephanos

      gene703 wrote:

      > Fr. John R. Shaw wrote - what is "your book"? >>
      >
      > I am your average orthodox "prihozhanin", in church once a month +
      > major holidays, can recite Otche Nash from memory, can read church
      > Slavonic, understand at leat 10% of what is said during liturgy,
      > donated a little over $1000 in 2004 according to the tax form, hate
      > lying unrepentant commies pretending to be something else, sometimes
      > read Bible before going to sleep ( a habbit picked up down south from
      > a roommate ), children baptized by father + Mitrofan from Sea Cliff (
      > we were so prowd when he made a Bishop ) Well, that's about if for my
      > book.
      >
      > Seriously, the man is of a direct royal blood, related to Nicholas II
      > on BOTH sides of his family, most certantly has excellent manners, not
      > a thief which is saying a lot about any current or future Russian
      > official plus his cousin Charles, who likes to spend so much time on
      > Afon, can quickly fill him in on all things Orthodox. He woun't be the
      > first non-russian to assume the throne, Nicholas II himself was less
      > that 10% Russian but no one can say he was a bad Orthodox /
      > Pravoslavniy. Plus Michael really looks like Tzar's relative and he
      > really is, while the nearest young ablebodied "russian" pretender to
      > the throne the son of Madame Kulikova-Romanova looks like "cheniaviy"
      > georgian/armenian watermellon seller on a Moscow bazar.
      >
      > So, Long Live Tsar Michael !!! Under the surcumstances we really
      > can't do better that that.
      >
      > Gene T
      >
      > "Fr. John R. Shaw" <vrevjrs@...> wrote:
      > XB!
      >
      > Gene T wrote:
      >
      > > 40 days of fasting, full confession, tripple full dippin' orthodox
      > baptism on TV and they be
      > 100% OK in my book
      >
      > JRS: But what is "your book"?
      >
      > In Christ
      > Fr. John R. Shaw

    • vkozyreff
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2005
        Dear List,

        Moreover, the "future Tsar" is a friend of Khodorkovsky's.
        Freemasonry, oligarchs, council of foreigh relations, same beard as
        Nicholas II, blessed by new ROCOR and MP. Good start! Prelest! Holy
        Russia in sight again.

        http://www.yukos.com/exclusive/exclusive.asp?id=6087

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Stephen/Στέφανος

        Service.

        subject=Unsubscribe>

      • Stephen/Στέφανος
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 1, 2005
          Are you saying that Georgians and 'southern' Europeans are not
          white?? My intent was to show him that 'northern' Europeans can be
          seen to be very unattractive to others.......... especially those who
          avoided the sun at all costs, were so pale that they look ill, and
          considered anyone with a tan or darker 'white' skin to be a
          peasant.......! Memory is still fresh on how southern Europeans were
          treated when they came to the U.S. in the previous century........
          Sounds like you have a little too much 'white' pride........ are you a
          Klan member??

          Stephanos

          aprmih wrote:

          > So rather than being Christian about it and either kindly letting
          > your brother know he's erred or, even better, turning the other
          > cheek, you instead insult every single white person on the list
          > (at the very least 500 people). Also, nice touch starting your
          > message with "Christ is Risen" before proceding with your insult.
          >

          > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Stephen/Στέφανος
          > <sbuatl@c...> wrote:
          > > Kriste Aghsdga!
          > >
          > > ........ I find your comment "georgian/armenian watermellon
          > > seller on a Moscow bazar" very racists and bigoted.
          > > The Georgians are some of the most attractive people God has
          > > put on earth...... with their dark hair; olive skin; blue,
          > > green or hazel almond-shaped eyes, etc. Or perhaps you
          > > prefer "pasty-white, Pomeranian poodle-puffs" that look like
          > > the former King George of England??
          > >
          > > Stephanos

        • aprmih
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 1, 2005
            Interesting. While I was not the one who used the terms "olive
            skinned" to describe Georgians and "pasty-white, Pomeranian poodle-
            puffs" to describe Northern Europeans, I am the one ending up being
            accused of being a KKK member.

            Well, if I have offended you, I apologize. For what it's worth
            here's my thought process: I originally was going to use the
            currently accepted pc term "caucasian" but changed my mind for
            obvious reasons (and boy am I glad I did!). I substituted it
            for "white" because I thought that since you originally used the
            term "olive skinned", you wouldn't mind. I guess I was wrong. Sorry.

            Oops! Gotta go... I'm late for my meeting.... now where did I put my
            hood?

            Alex

            <sbuatl@c...> wrote:
            > Sounds like you have a little too much 'white' pride........ are
            > you a Klan member??
            >
            > Stephanos

          • Russell Martin
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 1, 2005
              Dear List,

              How disappointing. This is a very interesting and important topic that could have spawned any number of edifying and relevant offshoots. But, alas, the thread has gone the way of mutual misunderstandings, of misspoken words, of hurt feelings and apologies, and of dizzying lack of charity. I have long tolerated the vile things that are sometimes said on this list by conspiracy theorists, foaming nationalists, and angry jurisdictionalists. But am I really alone in thinking that the time has come to go back to basics and remember that we all are in a community based on shared belief and love, and that the anonymity that one might be afforded by our computers doesn't allow us to behave as if the person on the receiving end of our emails aren't people with feelings and worth, all made in the image and likeness of God?

              What a disappointment. What a shame.

              Is it time for more energetic moderation of the contributions to this list?

              Roman Martin

              Russell E. Martin
              Assoc. Professor of History
              Westminster College
              New Wilmington, PA 16172-0001
              phone: 724.946.6254
              fax: 724.946.7256
              webpage: http://www.westminster.edu/staff/martinre/
              other email: remartin@...
            • vkozyreff
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 2, 2005
                Dear Roman,

                I discussed a few times on this forum the meaning of "do not judge"
                and the necessity to judge for any Christian. Your message, however,
                is a sum of condemnations and insults of the kind that we should
                avoid and that is not expected from a historian, in my view. Briefly,
                your message (whcih is more offensive than the ones you criticised)
                says that some members of this List:

                1. have disappointed you
                2. are below the expected level
                3. have shown dizzying lack of charity.
                4. are "vile" "Conspiracy theorists".
                5. are "foaming nationalists"
                6. are "angry juridictionalists".
                7. are a shame
                8. are forgetting basics and the fact that their correspondents
                are made in the image of God.

                You add that you have tolerated the above with difficulty and that
                the moderator has failed.

                Concerning your attacks which I felt directed at least in part to me,
                I woulkd like to stress that:

                I am not vile in thinking that there are conspiracies (Vl Averky of
                Syracuse spoke about them).

                I am not a foaming nationalist, but I love Russia.

                I am not an "angry juridictionalist", but I am sad at ROCOR's recent
                evolution.

                The conversation about racial features on this List is unimportant.

                I would like to say the following about the Russian succession: Your
                judgement on the Kyrill Vladimirovich line as candidates to the
                throne seems wrong and not very well informed to me, especially from
                the spiritual angle. You overlook their treason of the Emperor and of
                Russia in 1917, their absence by the Russian orthodox anti communist
                patriots in the West, their lack of dignity before Russia's new
                leaders ad their betraying ROCOR. They have not impressed anybody in
                the White Russian emigration. They have never shown any kind of
                leadership.

                I met a few people that had "put themselves at the service of Her
                Highness", who looked like operetta courtisans more than anything
                else and others that had been "ennobled". For years, we have been
                trying to associate them with our actions. The only response that we
                received once, is that Her Highness Maria Vladimirovna accepted to
                attend a Russian charity ball in Brussels. She only cared about
                winning at the lottery and getting flattered. Prince George is
                working at the European Commission in Brussels. Attempts to
                communicate with him from the Russian orthodox community have been
                ignored.

                In God,

                Vladimir Kozyreff

                --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Russell Martin"
                <MartinRE@w...> wrote:
                > Dear List,
                >
                > How disappointing. This is a very interesting and important topic
                that could have spawned any number of edifying and relevant
                offshoots. But, alas, the thread has gone the way of mutual
                misunderstandings, of misspoken words, of hurt feelings and
                apologies, and of dizzying lack of charity. I have long tolerated
                the vile things that are sometimes said on this list by conspiracy
                theorists, foaming nationalists, and angry jurisdictionalists. But
                am I really alone in thinking that the time has come to go back to
                basics and remember that we all are in a community based on shared
                belief and love, and that the anonymity that one might be afforded by
                our computers doesn't allow us to behave as if the person on the
                receiving end of our emails aren't people with feelings and worth,
                all made in the image and likeness of God?

                > What a disappointment. What a shame.
                >
                > Is it time for more energetic moderation of the contributions to
                this list?

                > Roman Martin
                >
                > Russell E. Martin
                > Assoc. Professor of History
                > Westminster College
                > New Wilmington, PA 16172-0001
                > phone: 724.946.6254
                > fax: 724.946.7256
                > webpage: http://www.westminster.edu/staff/martinre/
                > other email: remartin@p...
              • vkozyreff
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 2, 2005
                  Dear List,

                  Prince Michael of Kent, son of George, Duke of Kent gave up his right
                  to the throne in 1978 when he married the Roman Catholic Baroness
                  Marie-Christine von Reibnitz of Bohemia. They have two children, Lord
                  Frederick Windsor, born in 1979; and Lady Gabriella Windsor, born in
                  1981.

                  There was embarrassment in the Eighties when Princess Michael of
                  Kent's father, Baron Gunther von Reibnitz, was exposed as a former
                  Nazi party member and SS officer.

                  " It was being speculated for over a year, but now it appears that
                  Lady Gabriella Windsor, called Ella and 30th in line to the British
                  throne, will marry Aatish Taseer, 24-year-old son of the columnist
                  Tavleen Singh, soon. Prince and Princess Michael Kent will reportedly
                  announce that their 23-year-old daughter is to marry Aatish early
                  this year. The Prince and the Princess have no problem with Aatish
                  who, although born of a Muslim father, is said to be a practising
                  Sikh. In fact the Princess, who considers Aatish as one of the most
                  handsome young man, once reportedly said she would have no objection
                  if Prince Williams married a Muslim girl. .. [India Express Bureau]"

                  http://desitalk.newsindia-times.com/2005/01/21/wedding-28top.html

                  I wonder whether the Prince is not a bit too "open minded" to be a
                  reasonable candidate for an orthodox throne.

                  In God,