[orthodox-synod] Prayers before reading the Psaltir

  • Nikolaj
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 1999
      Dear Friends in Christ.
      Peace!

      Does anyone know if the Prayers in the Slavonic Traditional Psaltir,
      that is read before reading the actual Psaltir has been translated to english?

      In Christ
      Nikolaj
    • TALLSCAPES@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2000
        These prayers are not in the HTM Brookline PSALTER nor
        in the PSALTER of Fr. Lazarus. They are in the German
        PSALTER published with the blessing of Vladyka Mark.

        Sinful, Peter who prays for you a joyous feast of St. Boniface
        of Rome...our new year was Septmber 1st
      • Timothy Tadros
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2000
          Only the Church Slavonic Psalter have the prayers and troparia for reading the Psalter. As far as I know they have never been translated. When I was in seminary at Jordanville we would read the Psalter over the reposed faithful until the time of the
          funeral. I could only read English at that time so we would petition the Psalter kathisma's with the Trisagion and the prayer of the "Faithful Departed". But inbetween each Kathisma there are special troparia and a prayer to be read (for the reader).
          Reader Timothy Tadros
          TALLSCAPES@... wrote:

          > These prayers are not in the HTM Brookline PSALTER nor
          > in the PSALTER of Fr. Lazarus. They are in the German
          > PSALTER published with the blessing of Vladyka Mark.
          >
          > Sinful, Peter who prays for you a joyous feast of St. Boniface
          > of Rome...our new year was Septmber 1st

          > Please visit www.egroups.com to update your profile. Your real name is required, but it is your choice as to whether or not your profile is visible to others. If you don't have web access, e-mail this same information to orthodox-synod-owner@egroups.com

          > You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it! Sign
          > up today at X.com. It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!

          > -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=orthodox-synod&m=1
        • Rev. John R. Shaw
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2000
            These texts appear also in the Romanian edition of the Psalter.
            I recall hearing that osmeone had translated them into English--I task i
            once began, but from which I was distracted and I never returned to it...
            Fr. John R. Shaw

            > Only the Church Slavonic Psalter have the prayers and troparia for reading the Psalter. As far as I know they have never been translated. When I was in seminary at Jordanville we would read the Psalter over the reposed faithful until the time of the
            > funeral. I could only read English at that time so we would petition the Psalter kathisma's with the Trisagion and the prayer of the "Faithful Departed". But inbetween each Kathisma there are special troparia and a prayer to be read (for the reader).
            > Reader Timothy Tadros
            > TALLSCAPES@... wrote:
            >
            > > These prayers are not in the HTM Brookline PSALTER nor
            > > in the PSALTER of Fr. Lazarus. They are in the German
            > > PSALTER published with the blessing of Vladyka Mark.
            > >
            > > Sinful, Peter who prays for you a joyous feast of St. Boniface
            > > of Rome...our new year was Septmber 1st

            > > Please visit www.egroups.com to update your profile. Your real name is required, but it is your choice as to whether or not your profile is visible to others. If you don't have web access, e-mail this same information to orthodox-synod-owner@egroups.com

            > > Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?
            > > You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it! Sign
            > > up today at X.com. It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
            > > http://click.egroups.com/1/332/3/_/4386/_/946738318
            > >
            > > -- Easily schedule meetings and events using the group calendar!
            > > -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=orthodox-synod&m=1

            > Please visit www.egroups.com to update your profile. Your real name is required, but it is your choice as to whether or not your profile is visible to others. If you don't have web access, e-mail this same information to orthodox-synod-owner@egroups.com

            > You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it! Sign
            > up today at X.com. It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!

            > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/orthodox-synod/?m=1

          • Timothy Tadros
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2000
              Fr. John,
              Bless
              I would hope one day you would return to that task. It is really needed!!!!!!!!!!
              Reader Timothy Tadros