Re: [typikon] Paschal Question.........

    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2005
      XPICTOC BOCKPECE!

      XPICTOC ANECTH!

      > Can anyone give me a precise, historical reason why the following hymn:
      >
      > ¬ęCome and receive the light of the Unwaning Light; and glorify Christ,
      > He Who is Arisen from the dead.
      > Is sung in churches of Greek usage, but not in Slavic usage?? I love
      > this hymn very, very much....... and miss it very much when attending a
      > Slavic Paschal service.

      JRS: The above text is a recent Greek custom. It is still not found in the Greek editions of the
      Pentecostarion.

      Neither, for that matter, is the Gospel read by the Greeks before the beginning of the
      Resurrection Matins.

      At least, in my two copies of the Greek Pentecostarion (1959 and 1974) the text still is the
      same as in the Slavonic books.