Paschal Question.........

  • Stephen/Στέφανος
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17 3:49 PM
      Can anyone give me a precise, historical reason why the following hymn:

      «Come and receive the light of the Unwaning Light; and glorify Christ,
      He Who is Arisen from the dead.»

      «Δεύτε λάβετε φως . . . »

      Is sung in churches of Greek usage, but not in Slavic usage?? I love
      this hymn very, very much....... and miss it very much when attending a
      Slavic Paschal service.

      Stephanos
    • Hristofor
      Message 2 of 2 , May 19 6:22 AM
        I had seen a Greek midnite service on TV once and was puzzled as to why
        the priest said "The Holy Gospel According to St Mark." I forwarded this
        thread to Peter Fekula and (with his permission), I am posting his thoughts.