Re: [orthodox-synod] Help with parish library

  • DSvo623877@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2005
      Dear Father,

      Christ is Risen!

      I checked for some websites you could look at. Some offer overall
      organizational advice and some offer sources for materials and cataloging systems etc.
      Here are some that looked most promising:

      _www.acu.edu/academics/library/cfm/clbegin.html_
      (http://www.acu.edu/academics/library/cfm/clbegin.html)

      _www.resourcemate.com_ (http://www.resourcemate.com) offers cataloging,
      searching and circulation software

      _www.bible.org/docs/pastor/library/maness/library.htm_
      (http://www.bible.org/docs/pastor/library/maness/library.htm) leads to a book called Starting a
      Church library by Ron Maness

      _www.ibiblio.org/librariesfaq_ (http://www.ibiblio.org/librariesfaq) has a
      lot on organizing especially for samll libraries.

      A quick tip might be to take a look on the back of the title page (the
      verso) and look at the Cataloging in Publication from the Library of Congress also
      sometimes called CIP.

      Another way to get cataloging information is to look it up in a library
      online catalog and use what they already have done for you. Especially could be
      useful fro videos, cds etc.

      Good luck.

      In Christ,

      Peggy