More about WWII (mostly in Russian).... XB! BB!

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2005
      http://www.livejournal.com/users/rocornews/46542.html#cutid1 (in Russian)

      http://www.livejournal.com/users/orthodoxia/ (in Russian)

          "Permit me to be a bit blunter than Fr. Andrew Phillips (recent
      posting):

          All this hoopla looks very nice to some...  despite parades of
      Communist flags AGAIN! in Red Square....   But where is the celebration of
      the VICTORY OVER COMMUNISM!!??  Where is the de-Sovietization of Russia?
      Where are the "Moscowburg" Trials of the Communist criminals against
      humanity (even post mortem!)?   Why are Nazi flags and regalia outlawed in
      Germany, and not the Soviet refuse and detritus in Russia??  Why hasn't
      Lenin's corpse (or what's left of it) been dumped into one the thousands of
      mass graves he spawned?  WHY?  Because the victory has yet to happen....
      that's why.  Soviet Russia is alive and well in way too many "Russian"
      souls...  They have yet to truly repent of their tsaricide, their attempt
      at deicide, their genocide...  Shame on them for letting little Latvia be
      the conscience of Europe!!  Disgraceful!  These "Russians" need to confront
      and face up to their evil past.... and become True and HOLY Russians again.

          Putin is not the Way...  He confuses, muddles, entangles...  (Those are
      puns to those who speak Russian: Way being Put, and the verbs are
      translations of the verb pereputaet...)  Not to mention that RasPutin comes
      to mind...  In small things (like puns) one can see great things (like the
      moral failure of this least of allied generations)...
      ................................................."
    • Hristofor
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2005
        byakimov@... ?????:

        >http://www.livejournal.com/users/rocornews/46542.html#cutid1 (in Russian)
        >
        >http://www.livejournal.com/users/orthodoxia/ (in Russian)
        >
        > "Permit me to be a bit blunter than Fr. Andrew Phillips (recent
        >posting):
        >
        > All this hoopla looks very nice to some... despite parades of
        >Communist flags AGAIN! in Red Square.... But where is the celebration of
        >the VICTORY OVER COMMUNISM!!?? Where is the de-Sovietization of Russia?
        >Where are the "Moscowburg" Trials of the Communist criminals against
        >humanity (even post mortem!)? Why are Nazi flags and regalia outlawed in
        >Germany, and not the Soviet refuse and detritus in Russia?? Why hasn't
        >Lenin's corpse (or what's left of it) been dumped into one the thousands of
        >mass graves he spawned? WHY? Because the victory has yet to happen.....
        >that's why. Soviet Russia is alive and well in way too many "Russian"
        >souls... They have yet to truly repent of their tsaricide, their attempt
        >at deicide, their genocide... Shame on them for letting little Latvia be
        >the conscience of Europe!! Disgraceful! These "Russians" need to confront
        >and face up to their evil past.... and become True and HOLY Russians again.
        >
        > Putin is not the Way... He confuses, muddles, entangles... (Those are
        >puns to those who speak Russian: Way being Put, and the verbs are
        >translations of the verb pereputaet...) Not to mention that RasPutin comes
        >to mind... In small things (like puns) one can see great things (like the
        >moral failure of this least of allied generations)...
        >.................................................."

        Little Latvia is far from being the moral conscience of Europe!! If
        memory serves me correctly, they actively fought for the overthrow of
        the Tsar and with the bolsheviks during the revolution. They (along with
        the other Balts) collaborated with the Nazis, something which is
        conveniently forgotten by them, in their quest for repatriations from
        present day Russia. They aided and abetted the nazis in rounding up the
        Jews and sending them to the camps. Latvians are vehemently russophobic
        and esp. repress the teaching of Russian in schools. Prez Vajra and her
        parents fled Latvia on one of the last nazi boats to leave Latvia before
        the advancing Red Army. Were they simply afraid of the Soviets or were
        they guilty of war crimes? Several years ago, some brown shirt Latvian
        doctor took out an ad in the NYT, ranting and raving all sorts of
        russophobic rhetoric (and you know, if he had done that against just
        about anyone else, he would have been brought up on a bias crime.) I
        called the DC office of the Congress of Russian Americans, and alas,
        they were well aware of the ad, as well as previous activities.

        Up until 1917, none of the present day Baltic countries (plus Finland)
        were ever independent nations. Lithuania was part of Poland before
        becoming a part of the Russian Empire (and certainly every one knows the
        sad pages of the Grand Duchy of Poland & Lithuania in Russian history).
        Liflandija/Livonia or Latvia was under Hanseatic (read German) control
        and Estonia was under Polish, Danish and then Swedish control before
        becoming apart of the Empire. Finland itself was always Swedish. The
        only real major offense that Finland committed during the post war years
        was repatriating any Russian which managed to make it to Finland back to
        the USSR. Finland never seem to exhibit any virulent russophobia such as
        Latvia and Estonia. In any event, i am certainly not condoning the fact
        that Balts were sent to Siberia, I am simply trying to point out that
        the history they spin has lot of holes in it.

        As for good old Poland, in a recent letter to the editor, a Pole
        complained about the annexation of a third of Poland by the USSR. In
        actuality, most of this territory had been annexed by /Poland itself/
        during the Russian revolution. Almost have of western Belorussia was
        taken by Poland, as well as chunks of the Ukraine. (BTW, present-day
        Lithuania's own capital of Vilno was a Belorussian city up until WW II).
        Furthermore, the Poles forcibly relocated thousands of Orthodox
        Ukrainians and Carps from Lemkovshchina and sent them to the Polish
        interior, since they didn't want such a large Orthodox presence on the
        border with the USSR. How come nobody is talking about /that/ ethnic
        cleansing? Is it because they are Orthodox?

        And frankly, why isn't the role of both Churchill and Roosevelt at Yalta
        talked about more in connection with the Soviet domination of Eastern
        Europe? Without their aquiesance and the aid of local communist
        partisans in the various countries of the Eastern bloc, Stalin would
        never have been able to draw the Iron Curtain shut. In a rare glimmer of
        truth, I did see that President Bush included in his appology (for
        Yalta?) to the Balts (and I suppose the rest of Eastern Europe) a line
        amount the repatration of Russians to Stalin and certain death. So, I
        guess without proper PR, the heroes of Lienz--along with the heroic
        Russian prisoners of war and those who were in nazi labour camps--are
        just a one-liner in the footnote of history. -Hristofor