Re: [orthodox-synod] Digest Number 1603

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2005
      Looks like Rd. David-Constantine is now an expert on everyting Ukranian????
      ... it does not matter
      what history says as long as the current unitate natives & their friends
      .... want to say.......

      My Ukranian "Yakimenko" friends would not agree with the uniates nor with
      David-Constantine..... or any Polish/Roman
      Catholic rewriting of the hsistory of "RUS"......

      protodeacon Basil from Canberra

      David Constantine
      Wright To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
      <constantinewright@ cc:
      yahoo.com> Subject: Re: [orthodox-synod] Digest Number 1603
      Sent by:
      orthodox-synod@yaho
      ogroups.com

      28/04/2005 07:35 AM
      Please respond to
      orthodox-synod

      --- Alex Cvejkus <swingsitter@...> wrote:

      > Let me address your questions in a systematic manner.
      > First, the correct spelling is Kiev, not Kyiv.  The

      I looked up the website of the Embassy of Ukraine in the
      USA (http://www.ukraineinfo.us/) and the English
      transliteration given there is indeed Kyiv. That is the
      correct transliteration of the Ukrainian spelling used by
      the native Ukrainians.

      In Christ,
      Rd. David-Constantine