Re: Translation of the the word 'podvig'

  • vjb
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2005
      I am looking a good English equivalent of the word "podvig." I will appreciate any suggestions.

      in XC,

      viatcheslav

    • (matushka) Ann Lardas
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2005
        Dear Viacheslav,

        Christ is risen!

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "vjb" <tompkins440@v...> wrote:
        > I am looking a good English equivalent of the word "podvig." I will
        appreciate any suggestions.

        > in XC,
        >
        > viatcheslav

        For want of a better term, I use "ascetic struggle," and
        translate "podvizhnik" as "ascetic struggler."

        Hope this helps!

        In Christ,
        Matushka Ann Lardas
        Stratford, CT