[orthodox-synod] Re: Apology

  • Rjmanz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 1999
      In a message dated 12/28/1999 12:10:58 PM Central Standard Time,
      dmjames@... writes:

      << As unfair - and as inaccurate -- as it may be, anything
      that even suggests the swastika, including a pre-Nazi era Russian Orthodox
      church vestment, is inappropriate as a design element for an Orthodox
      Christian web site. It is simply too open to misinterpretation.

      It must all be in the eye of the beholder! I checked out the design and it
      never even entered my mind that there might be a swastika symbol present, or
      even remotely. I didn't know about the "Greek curl" either. It just looked
      like an attractive pattern.
      I personally think the above statement is a little too strong and do not
      think it needs changing. But then I guess that is debatable.

      Nectarios Manzanero
    • for4z@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004
        I apologize. This note was meant to be a humorous personal correspondence to
        a friend. Somehow, in my haste, I accidentally posted it to the entire Synod
        mailing list. Again, my apologies...please disregard it.

        -Nick Zaharov

      • goossir
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
          Unfortunately your note did reach this list. Le mal est fait! (the
          harm is done)
          So, I think that the least you could do now is either disclaim the
          slander you poured on Vladika Anthony or prove the facts.
          Leaving calumnies unexplained (even if they were addressed by
          mistake) is really wrong.

          Irina P.