Re: [orthodox-synod] Why attend a forum at all - note from a deeply distrubed man

  • Fr Michael Protopopov
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 13, 2005
      Dear Gene T,
      I was simply surprised at your ferocious depiction of the process which our
      Church has undertaken. I have been called many things in my 35 years in the
      priesthood but a KGB guy is a first for me. In fact, I am an old emigre
      from Serbia, both my grandfathers were Imperial Russian generals, my father
      was a colonel of the Don Cossacks. And, my great uncle was prime minister of
      Imp. Russia.
      I certainly had no desire to insult you, but was merely analysing your
      opinion. For the perceived insult I beg forgiveness, however, my opinion of
      what you wrote remains unchanged.
      In Christ's love,
      Fr Michael

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 13, 2005
        Dear Fr. Mikhael,

        On this Forgiveness Sunday I beg Your forgiveness if I offended You in any way by my post.

        As to the my "ferocious depiction of the process which our Church has undertaken" I must say that lots and lots of ROCOR old timers in New York are indeed "deeply disturbed" if only because the "process" started so suddently in 2000 without any explanations and after 70 years of anafemstvovanie of them darn commmies. When politicians do such things we just wink and laugh for we know their true nature. It was rather startling to see ROCOR do a 180% ideological turn on a dime in year 2000 without offering some kind of theological justification. Church truths should be a bit more permanet it seems.

        Once again please forgive me, Hrista Radi, if I offended you in any way. Thank you for offering the bit of biography You sent, it was a facinating read. I hope You and your flock have a joyous post.

        Yours trully

        wrote:

        > Dear Gene T,
        >
        > Having read your posting, I feel that you are a deeply distrubed man. My
        > goodness, what a negative outlook on life? Let's hope that the Fast will
        > bring you spiritual peace and a greater reliance on the work of the Holy
        > Spirit.
        >
        > Love,
        >
        > Fr Michael

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Fr Michael Protopopov
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 13, 2005
          Dear Gene T,
          I have no objection to you holding the opinions you do, and I fully agree
          that many of my generation are concerned at the pace with which events have
          developed. However, I have a deep and abiding belief that the Holy Spirit
          will guide us if we remain true to Christ. Much of the rhetoric in our
          parishes, and in this forum, is based on emotion and consequently only
          clouds the issues. Perhaps we should listen, prayer, think and then decide.
          In Christ's love,
          Fr Michael