Re: PROPERTY DISPUTES HOLD BACK ORTHODOX CHURCH REUNION

  • vkozyreff
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 8, 2005
      Dear List,

      About insulting and saying "you fool".

      In God,

      Vladimir Kozyreff

      "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not
      kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
      But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without
      a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say
      to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but
      whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire"
      (Mat. 5:21-22).

      The sixth law of Moses forbade the taking of a person's life. The
      Lord takes the idea of the sixth law deeper, and calls attention to
      the evil feelings which prod a person to kill, such as anger, malice
      and hatred.

      In essence, these unkind feelings urge a person to insult and demean
      his fellow human being. A Christian should restrain himself from any
      expression of malice against his fellow man, such as insults and
      humiliating words.

      http://www.fatheralexander.org/booklets/english/sermon_mount.htm

      But "anyone who says, `You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of
      hell." …

      Jesus points out that the murderous act springs from the angry
      thought. It is in the mind that the crime is first committed and
      judgment is incurred.

      The earthly court cannot take action against the angry thought, but
      the heavenly court can--and does…Behind the offending word lies the
      hostile thought.

      It is there that the guilty process starts; and if the hostile
      thought is not killed off as soon as the thinker becomes aware of it,
      then, although no earthly court may be in a position to take
      cognisance of it, that is what will be the first count in the
      indictment before the judgment-bar of God.

      http://www.gospelcom.net/ivpress/title/exc/1423-9a.php

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Dimitri G Temidis
      <dtemidis@o...> wrote:

      > Dear Kato:
      >
      > It seems one may say that you are "on the fence" when it comes to
      ROCOR's
      > participation in dialogue. I find that it is clear that you have
      fallen off
      > the fence and cracked your head. Based on what you post, what
      still remains
      > to be seen is to which side you have fallen....
      >
      > dyakon dimitri temidis
      >

      > In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "kato_ny" <kato_ny@y...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > the old record keeps skipping... and our church leaders who wish to
      > flock together, keep tripping on their feet... and what will they
      > think of next? "oh, this is not an issue, who really cares afterall
      > what Alexi #2 has stated...
      >

      > PROPERTY DISPUTES HOLD BACK ORTHODOX CHURCH REUNION
      >

      > MOSCOW, March 2 (RIA Novosti) - Last Monday, the relics of Grand
      > Duchess Elizabeth and her associate Barbara, a nun, were brought
      > back to the Convent of St. Mary Magdalene in Jerusalem after a six-
      > month-long tour of Russia. The convent belongs to the Russian
      > Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR), Novye Izvestia reports.
      >
      > A delegation of the Moscow Patriarchy left for Paris the next day
      > for the fourth meeting of the commission on dialogue with the
      > ROCOR. "ROCOR structures located on the Russian Orthodox Church's
      > canonical territory" will be a central issue at the meeting. In
      > addition, those attending the meeting are expected to define the
      > term "canonical territory."
      >
      > Five days after Israel was established, the Soviet Union's People's
      > Commissariat of Internal Affairs (NKVD) appointed an envoy for
      > Russian property in Israel. Later, the Soviet government sent
      Moscow
      > Patriarchy representatives to Jerusalem and claimed ownership over
      > all monasteries, convents, churches, and relics. ROCOR monks were
      > simply deported from the country.
      >
      > In 1997, the Palestinian authorities forced ROCOR monks and nuns to
      > leave the St. Trinity Monastery in Hebron and handed the monastery
      > over to the Russian Orthodox Church (ROC). In January 2000, the
      > Palestinian military arrested monks in the ROCOR church in Jericho,
      > and the church was immediately transferred to the Moscow
      Patriarchy.

      > When meeting with the new Palestinian leader, Mahmoud Abbas, the
      > other day, Alexiy II, the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia,
      > thanked the Palestinian authorities for transferring the ownership
      > of the Hebron and Jericho property in question to the ROC's Russian
      > Orthodox Mission.
      >
      > "I am very disappointed [by the patriarch's statement]," said
      > Archbishop Mark of Berlin and Germany. "When we were launching the
      > process we made a statement that we must refrain from any
      activities
      > and pronouncements that could upset the other party," he said.
      >
      > However, the archbishop has not always followed his own advice. He
      > has criticized the Russian Orthodox Church for many years and once
      > he went as far as described it as "non-gracious."
      > --- End forwarded message ---
    • Dimitri G Temidis
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 9, 2005
        It would be nice to see Mr. Kozyreff to "practice" that what he
        "teaches"....

        d dimitri

        <dtemidis@o...> wrote:

> [...]
        > and the church was immediately transferred to the Moscow
        Patriarchy.

        > When meeting with the new Palestinian leader, Mahmoud Abbas, the
        > other day, Alexiy II, the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia,
        > thanked the Palestinian authorities for transferring the ownership
        > of the Hebron and Jericho property in question to the ROC's Russian
        > Orthodox Mission.
        >
        > "I am very disappointed [by the patriarch's statement]," said
        > Archbishop Mark of Berlin and Germany. "When we were launching the
        > process we made a statement that we must refrain from any
        activities
        > and pronouncements that could upset the other party," he said.
        >
        > However, the archbishop has not always followed his own advice. He
        > has criticized the Russian Orthodox Church for many years and once
        > he went as far as described it as "non-gracious."

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Dimitri G Temidis
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 9, 2005
          Your post makes no sense. Do you read what you type? Yes, cracked your
          head, read the entire post and not just 4 words. There is no foul language
          here. I am responding to what you wrote and how the news info you pasted
          contradicts that what you are saying. So you being "on the fence" and
          having fallen off you must have cracked your head for not understanding that
          you contradict yourself in your own post. And where you have fallen is
          still to be seen based on, again, on how and what you write. You post
          different items in the same email which are different in points of view.
          However you do not explain why or how in your opinion they are tied in
          together. Speaking metaphorically, I was wondering how your personal saga
          will eventually turn out. Sorry if you didn't appreciate my humor. Being
          that we basically grew up together, I thought you would get a chuckle out of
          it. I meant no harm. And what does my business yahoo account have to do
          with this? What are you true intentions for bring that up? Do you even
          know what that is? Why didn't you finish the rest of my signature, World
          Ethnic Media International Ad Sales. I have 5 children to raise and
          support. By the Grace of God, I am able to maintain my own business to
          support my family and still have the freedom to serve the church. Why are
          you so accusatory of everyone and everything?

          It is indeed nice to hear from you. I am glad to see your passion when it
          comes to our church. But don't let it cloud your mind. Tell your buddy or
          whoever can call him their buddy, Mr. Kozyreff to back off. If he
          interprets cracked your head as you fool, he should get involved in certain
          exchanges. Or maybe he fell can cracked his head ;)

          In Christ,
          Dyakon Dimitri Temidis

          <and cracked your head>

          ...is not such a kind thing to read from a deacon... For that
          matter a Deacon who signs his name on yahoo as Dimitri G Temidis...

          now who has cracked his heads open for the interest in uniting with
          the red church?

          Nice to hear from you...

          Kato

          <dtemidis@o...> wrote:

          > Dear Kato:
          >
          > It seems one may say that you are "on the fence" when it comes to
          ROCOR's
          > participation in dialogue. I find that it is clear that you have
          fallen off
          > the fence and cracked your head. Based on what you post, what
          still remains
          > to be seen is to which side you have fallen....
          >
          > dyakon dimitri temidis

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • gene703
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 9, 2005
            I detect certain testiness here, kato_ny, deacon T please please please, we are amongst out own here, this is a ROCOR list, there is no need for such hostility. This is so typical of all recent Unification debates. Can't we have a civilized, anglo style debate on the subject of, say

            UNITING WITH THE RED CHURCH versus PARTICIPATING IN DIALOG WITH MP

            :-)

            <dtemidis@o...> wrote:

            Dear Kato:

            It seems one may say that you are "on the fence" when it comes to ROCOR's participation in dialogue. I find that it is clear that you have fallen off the fence and cracked your head. Based on what you post, what still remains to be seen is to which side you have fallen....

            dyakon dimitri temidis

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
            Children InternationalWould you give Hope to a Child in need? �Click Here to meet a Girl
            And Give Her Hope�Click Here to meet a Boy
            And Change His Life Learn More