A VERY Timely Article on Orthodox Hierarchy!

  • Kostas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2005
      I thought that considering all that we see or hear about our
      hierarchy, the article below presents a good view of where we should
      be when it comes to our hierarchy.

      http://members.cox.net/orthodoxheritage/MOM%2011%202003.htm

      Here is a pertinent quote:

      "Of course, like every other mortal, bishops too have
      failingsĀ—"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of
      God." But, like all other mortals, they too struggle with their
      weaknesses and try as best as they can to overcome them. Like
      everyone else, they are not always successful. Nevertheless, despite
      the fact that they too have human flaws, as long as they uphold and
      defend and teach the Orthodox Faith, they are being faithful to the
      confession of faith and the vows that they made at their ordination.
      We do not revere our bishops because they too are mortal, and
      therefore have failings like the rest of us. We revere and love them
      because, though mortals and, therefore, possessing human failings,
      they have taken upon themselves the heavy task of: (1) defending and
      propagating the Holy Orthodox and Catholic Faith. (2) striving to
      cultivate an increase the piety and fervor for God of the flock with
      which they have been entrusted. and (3) seeking by all means to
      increase that flock."